My drag results!! check it out

Moonlight97GT said:
Are you new to the 4.6? I hate to tell you that it has been proven many times that the reason that the '99+'s are stronger out of the box is because of the fact they have a better set of cams and intake. The heads only gain a total of about 5 rwhp over what just a set of PI cams and PI intake would give you on non-pi heads. If he was to put a PI intake and PI cams in the car he would be able to get to the 112-113 mph on a 100 shot with out ever pulling the heads.

As far as styling I hate to bust your bubble but everyone has their own opinions on which bodystyle they like better. Personally I prefer the '96-'98 body style over any other.

I agree 100% with Moonlight here. If you didn't catch it on other threads, with PI cams and intake in and on stock NPI heads, I dyno'd at 229rwhp which is what I see most 99+ stangs stock or mostly stock put down. Only other major mods are catted bassani X, FRPP catback and pulleys. On a budget, it's hard to beat and no P/A that could potentially the engine.

I also agree with most here that paying attention to the 60' times would dramatically improve the 1/4 mile times. If playing with launch techiques are exhausted, then a good set of LCAs might be in order.

Let's get off the styling in tech especially. Either style has the potential and can look great with the right set of springs/color/rims.

• Sponsors (?)