Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

Got the hole finished. Ended up buying a new jig saw and fine metal cutting blade and it worked great. I had a small area of paint unfortunately flake off but I can touch up some areas when I paint the rest of the exterior. Pipe came with the rubber trim for the hole.

000_0007.jpg
000_0009.jpg
000_0010.jpg
000_0011.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats pretty !

Thanks bro! Almost there! We are having above average temps here in the Northwest near the 50's and I'm seeing some people driving their summer time hot rods when it's not raining. I'm excited. If I can get my car running soon I'd actually be able to drive around and tune with no worries of snow or ice and Feb is normally our coldest and heaviest snow falling month of the Winter.

Never really looked into it too much but I just found out we do have a 1/4 mile drag strip here in Spokane. I just might go out there for a couple runs during the Midnight Madness street legal & high school drag nights on Fridays. We also seem to have a decent road course out here too. Turns out I won't remove my trunk battery cut off switch after all. My suspension is not set up for drag but It'd be fun to go anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Never really looked into it too much but I just found out we do have a 1/4 mile drag strip here in Spokane. I just might go out there for a couple runs during the Midnight Madness street legal & high school drag nights on Fridays. We also seem to have a decent road course out here too. Turns out I won't remove my trunk battery cut off switch after all. My suspension is not set up for drag but It'd be fun to go anyway.
Engine bay looks sic! Good job. And it's always fun for me to make some passes at the strip. Even when I had a more "handling" suspension and was turning 14 sec ets. I wish I had 50* weather. We just got hit with 15" snow this week and temps have been in the high teens/low 20's. I have an old kerosene heater and want a new propane so I can start on mine.

Engine bay looks sic! Good job. And it's always fun for me to make some passes at the strip. Even when I had a more "handling" suspension and was turning 14 sec ets. I wish I had 50* weather. We just got hit with 15" snow this week and temps have been in the high teens/low 20's. I have an old kerosene heater and want a new propane so I can start on mine.

Feel sorry for you bro! Your weather you're having is what is typical for Feb where I am but we have a "Pineapple Express" coming through and today was about 60 with some sunshine. It was nice to be in the garage in t-shirt and shorts for the first time in a long time.

Bad news. Pulled my gas tank today to install my wally 255 and to my shock the gas tank is terribly corroded beyond repair. Gas smells terribly wrong too, you can tell the gas is bad by the smell. It's probably the original. I'll order a new tank from LMR along with new seals. I have a new Wix fuel filter. Hopefully will be all together next weekend.

Feel sorry for you bro! Your weather you're having is what is typical for Feb where I am but we have a "Pineapple Express" coming through and today was about 60 with some sunshine. It was nice to be in the garage in t-shirt and shorts for the first time in a long time.

Bad news. Pulled my gas tank today to install my wally 255 and to my shock the gas tank is terribly corroded beyond repair. Gas smells terribly wrong too, you can tell the gas is bad by the smell. It's probably the original. I'll order a new tank from LMR along with new seals. I have a new Wix fuel filter. Hopefully will be all together next weekend.
Do you ever plan on needing a sumped fuel tank? Would be a good time to upgrade!? I'm envious on the weather and the progress!!

Do you ever plan on needing a sumped fuel tank? Would be a good time to upgrade!? I'm envious on the weather and the progress!!

I don't have the aspirations for that kind of HP. The only thing you get with a Fox and that much HP is frustration of broken parts and an empty wallet. I just want a fun and reliable street car with some zip to it. Once the HCI combo wears off and I want a little more I might add a Vortech and that's it. If I still want more than that I'll buy a boosted 08' Mustang. The newer 5.0 and the 2015 Mustang body styles haven't intrigued me yet beyond their power plant. For about 25k I've seen some clean SC'd GT500's.

Reactions: 1 user
Ordered some more chit today

LateModel
1984-97 FORD MUSTANG FUEL TANK W/ EFI by 50resto
50resto_2438.jpg
DETAILS | DESCRIPTION | VIDEOS | REVIEWS | COMMUNITY Q&A
video-icon.png

lrs-9002b_1145.jpg

Plus I got the seals for the vapor valve and filler neck to trunk floor.

Got this from Anderson Ford MotoSport
  • Anderson Power Stack 8" Long 4" Clamp-On Air Filter
Filter_Power_Sta_4ab69292b2317__76927.1398486982.320.172.jpg
I stripped a retaining clip when trying to install my hood hinges so now I have to find some at a junk yard which sucks.

When you say retaining clip.. Do you mean the speed nut inserts the hood hinge bolts screw into? They sell those at oreilly if that's what you need.. just put them on the boy's heap..

Reactions: 1 users
^^That's exactly what I need! I'll stop bye Oreilly's this week then to pick'em up. I'm wanting to get my fenders and hood mounted up this next weekend so I can see my cars exterior "complete" for the first time in over a year. Once I get my air cleaner installed and my block to body ground finished I can get it all installed.

Reactions: 1 users
a......little......bit.....more......

There was a gas tank in there, who wants a 6 year old? Boxed up and ready to ship.
000_0012.jpg

000_0014.jpg
000_0021.jpg
000_0019.jpg

Say hello to Kaleb and my 10 year old Boxer Casper. It's almost a shame that beautiful 8"Lx4"dia K&N is going to be hidden inside the fender. Looks so nice! Got the filter from Anderson Ford Motorsports.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you install a older-style timing cover? If I recall correctly, the water passages in the timing covers are oriented differently to accommodate the flow direction of the water pump.

Anyway, amazing looking build! Nothing like a smooth engine bay! :nice:

Attachments

• Timing%20Covers%20302.jpg
    Timing%20Covers%20302.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 226
Did you install a older-style timing cover? If I recall correctly, the water passages in the timing covers are oriented differently to accommodate the flow direction of the water pump.

Anyway, amazing looking build! Nothing like a smooth engine bay! :nice:

Thanks for the compliment. I always drooled over smoothed engine bays when I saw them and I talked myself into it with my Coupe.

I did not change my timing cover. I've read that many people had success with adding the standard rotation WP to the stock timing cover.