My meats are in

• Sponsors (?)

COramprat said:
Dunlop Sport 8000 P275/40/17's...$98 bucks each. :D

Only got 2 but I should have gotten 4. Didn't realize I was stealing them. Now the site pulled them off for that price.

hahah nice deal dude. what do they usually retail for? and what kind of tire are these, all season, wet/dry or summer?

BurningRubber said:
98 bucks doesnt sound bad, I figured new tires would cost alot for the Mustang, im used to buying tires for 15's, not 17's, haha... guess I was wrong... SWEET!

it depends on how expensive you want to go. My BFG KDWs were $164/ea, and that isnt the most expensive by any means

I'll admit that I am one of those cheap bastards that check www.tirerack.com for cheap tires :nice:

When the car was new I was doing the $160+ per tire thing, then I noticed that tires just don't last too long and that spending $80 per tire didn't hit the pocket near as hard :)

d98gt said:
I'll admit that I am one of those cheap bastards that check www.tirerack.com for cheap tires :nice:

When the car was new I was doing the $160+ per tire thing, then I noticed that tires just don't last too long and that spending $80 per tire didn't hit the pocket near as hard :)

haha yeah well my car had cheap @ss Nankang tires on it when I bought it, so I want to experience the good life for at least one set :nice:

Never seen Nankang tires before :shrug: :rlaugh:

I had some yokohamas which were loud and loved to drive me crazy. The car went to the shop twice over those tires :nonono: I thought the readend was humming but it ended up just being those horrible tires. Maybe I just got unlucky the two times that I bought them :shrug: I believe they were a520s or something like that.

I stumbled across the Dunlops...never seen the "name" tires so cheap. Plus I refuse to put tires on my car that sound like a city that should have been A-bombed in WWII.

The embarresing part is I didn't realize my wheels were 8 inch :rolleyes: thoght they were 9's. I'm lucky it was a friend doing the install because he fought those suckers to get them on. Not sure now if I will keep them. :( Suckers bulge pretty good.

COramprat said:
The embarresing part is I didn't realize my wheels were 8 inch :rolleyes: thoght they were 9's. I'm lucky it was a friend doing the install because he fought those suckers to get them on. Not sure now if I will keep them. :( Suckers bulge pretty good.

haha man, you should at least know how wide your wheels are! do you think the bulging will affect your stability on the road at all?

stangGT97 said:
haha man, you should at least know how wide your wheels are! do you think the bulging will affect your stability on the road at all?
You would think...I got the OEM Mach 1 wheels and for some reason I thoght they were 9's. :shrug:

It handles OK I guess...different in a way. I've only driven it home from the shop so I'll know tomorrow when I go to work. If it is too squirrlly I'll swap them for something more suited for the wheel.

d98gt said:
Never seen Nankang tires before :shrug: :rlaugh:

I had some yokohamas which were loud and loved to drive me crazy. The car went to the shop twice over those tires :nonono: I thought the readend was humming but it ended up just being those horrible tires. Maybe I just got unlucky the two times that I bought them :shrug: I believe they were a520s or something like that.

I REALLY hope thats my issue, and my rear isnt on its way out. Mine whines from like 50-55 on up. Never really heard of the brand tires before, but they hook pretty well, corner well too.

Kind of off topic here but not too much.... So... with the 275's on a 9' rim... that will fit on the front of a stock suspensioned 'stang with no rubbing?? I've been wondering this but haven't found the right time to ask and didn't want to start a new thread about it...

hell id splurge for 150 per tire for the rears to get a good set. then id get the cheapest ones up front. unless youre a autoXer, no sense getting 4 when only 2 are needed and the fronts just there for turning/braking.

alot of the higher priced tires to hum/whine at certain speeds. i know the KDW2's on my buddies srt4 hum at 45-55(the stock 205's hum, but his 235's hum even more now). then again, the same tire on a different car might be a totally different story.

thomas91169 said:
hell id splurge for 150 per tire for the rears to get a good set. then id get the cheapest ones up front. unless youre a autoXer, no sense getting 4 when only 2 are needed and the fronts just there for turning/braking.
So the cheap tires up front for turning and braking? That's what I want...blow out the front tires I need to steer with.:rolleyes:

The Dunlops I have are $250 tires. The place I bought them from had the wrong price listed. Should have ordered a dozen.

Orange...Ive seen some with 275's up front. No issues at all.

Spike...still with the stock springs in the back. I just need to get up off my lazy butt and swap them out.

youre telling me! i actually get them put on on monday once my check gets deposited. buuut i guess if you want big ol tires on an 18" rim you have to pay out some money. plus i got all the road hazard free replacement on all the tires as well from discounttire. some discount huh?!