My new Cobra style Hood

My new Cobra R style Hood

Cobra R Hood...the one from TruFiber on Ebay. Some more adjustments are needed to get the fit right. Not sure of I like it yet though I hope it grows on me. It makes the front end look really beefy. Maybe when I something for the rear of the car and fill it out more it will be better. What do you think?

PA300007.jpg

PA300008.jpg

PA300009.jpg

Looks Huge from front but not too bad front side.
PA300010.jpg

PA300027.jpg

Attachments

• PA300007.jpg
    PA300007.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 62
  • PA300008.jpg
    PA300008.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 72
  • PA300010.jpg
    PA300010.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 74
  • PA300009.jpg
    PA300009.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 62
  • PA300027.jpg
    PA300027.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

To be honest I think it messes up the lines of the car. From the front it looks good but from the side it doesn't match the lines of the car. Just my opinion,but if your happy with it thats all that matters!:flag:
Patrick

Hood looks decent(not feeling the flames though). However, to keep with your theme, have you thought about having the side flames(around GT emblem)painted to match or even better, having them painted on rather than having them stuck on?

Well with all respect, I wouldn't have it for myself. As for fit, there appears to be a pretty wide gap between hood and fender. If you have to wait for it to grow on you, its probably not for you.

Also, +1 with Jenn and Myfirstii.

kl

Exceptional flame work. I like it B. How is visibility while driving?

(I hope you keep Scrapper out of that car. lol)
Thanks and Scapper loves to ride in the car with us to the park:nice:

To be honest I think it messes up the lines of the car. From the front it looks good but from the side it doesn't match the lines of the car. Just my opinion,but if your happy with it thats all that matters!:flag:
Patrick
Yeah I thought the same too but the car is not done yet I still am getting a rear valence so it should fill out the rear. Thanks!

Hood looks decent(not feeling the flames though). However, to keep with your theme, have you thought about having the side flames(around GT emblem)painted to match or even better, having them painted on rather than having them stuck on?
I thought about the flames on the sides but I want just a subtle touch of real fire. The ones on the side are chrome stuck on, so I will keep tat in mind.

Well with all respect, I wouldn't have it for myself. As for fit, there appears to be a pretty wide gap between hood and fender. If you have to wait for it to grow on you, its probably not for you.

Also, +1 with Jenn and Myfirstii.

kl
I will work on fitting it this weekend when I am off of work. And that is cool everyone has their own preferences. Thanks for letting me know.

not feelin it either. great paint work tho.
Yes they did an EXCELLENT job painting that hood.

As for fit, there appears to be a pretty wide gap between hood and fender.

My car has a big gap with the factory hood(same on both sides), but to me that does seem too big of a gap:shrug:

My hood gap
DSC04028.jpg

You can see too much under the hood
PA300027.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04028.jpg
    DSC04028.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 73
  • PA300027.jpg
    PA300027.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 79
My car has a big gap with the factory hood(same on both sides), but to me that does seem too big of a gap:shrug:

My hood gap...
You can see too much under the hood

I know there is a gap lol. Pretty sure I mentioned above it still needs adjustment for fitting. This weekend it will get fixed more...until then it is mounted and curing in the sun. Thanks for letting me know though.

The addition of these silver windshield washer nozzle caps on the hood was subtle...but it evened the look out a lot.
It may look different...that was my goal. To me it will look bad ass once finished. :nice:
PA310048.jpg

PA310049.jpg

PA310047.jpg

Attachments

• PA310048.jpg
    PA310048.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 62
  • PA310049.jpg
    PA310049.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 77
  • PA310047.jpg
    PA310047.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 63
Blackonblack-The new pics show off the hood alot better! Still kinda makes the front end look more square than it really is but I kinda like it. For some reason it screens old mach 1 styling..maybe its the front valence...
Patrick:flag:

Blackonblack-The new pics show off the hood alot better! Still kinda makes the front end look more square than it really is but I kinda like it. For some reason it screens old mach 1 styling..maybe its the front valence...
Patrick:flag:
Thanks myfirstii. I am in my 2nd day and it is starting to grow on me.

Sometimes less is more. You can easily overdo something. Just my two cents.
Yes of course I know what you mean.
I did not want flames all over the front for that reason...to keep it from being tacky and overdone. Only a couple more additions and that is it. (rear valence, exhaust tips)

All I know is that I drove it to work today and it got a lot of attention everywhere I went. It does look different in person though.
Different= some will like...others resist change and will not.

B - I find it in good taste and personalized to your style. The flame work has depth, movement and appears meticulously completed with craftsmanship and care. Just like the "customs" of yesteryear it shows YOUR personality; subsequentley, I find it more appealing than the standard "out of the box" slap on hood.

Dude!!!!! Your house is on fire!!!!!!
Oh wait, it's just the reflection on your flame hood:rlaugh: :nice:
HA HA Yeah I see that wow it does look like that.

B - I find it in good taste and personalized to your style. The flame work has depth, movement and appears meticulously completed with craftsmanship and care. Just like the "customs" of yesteryear it shows YOUR personality; subsequentley, I find it more appealing than the standard "out of the box" slap on hood.
Thanx J that is a very nice comment to say.

Looks as if I laid my arms on his hood:nice:
You must have some BIG, BURLY ARMS DUDE:nice: