Progress Thread My return to the fray (Backwards fox progress thread)

Mike, I love it! Looking forward to you working your magic on this one and have always wanted to build a sleeper out of one of the old fairmonts. I was really thinking a coyote, but the 2.3 has always been a motor I wanted to play with. Almost bought a Merkur, but ended up moving. As far as the turbocharging, "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell explains the vast majority of turbo mapping. Its a bit beyond my normal reading, but goes into the overall engineering of a turbo set-up. Good luck, and I'll be following.

Yeah I have it. It's sitting on the shelf next to the three Learn to speak Spanish, (2) DIY upholstery, two more paint and body for beginners, and 1 sheet metal fabricator books that were only opened once as well. Seems all of those damn books were written 20 years ago.
As for the A/R theory section,....:sleep: Aye! Carumba!

Waayyy too deep for my casual reading.

• Sponsors (?)

Lol....I've read it a couple of times and still couldn’t quote the theory behind it. I opened mine up to give you the author and had a note in that section that said "Call turbo supplier for proper sizing"....lol. Reminds me too much of my first physics class:

Professor: Driving in a car at 60 miles an hour, you fire a rifle into the air. Traveling in the same direction as fired; the bullet will hit you when it returns.

Me: Not going to happen, ballistics has to account for air pressure and winds.

Slightly annoyed professor: There’s no air pressure or wind.

Me: So how does the car run?

More annoyed professor: It's electric.

Me: (raising hand slowly) So how does the gun fire.

Really annoyed professor: It's magic……......and you have an oxygen mask!

Me: Good, I don't think I'll need the oxygen mask, but might need some magic to pass this class.

Somehow I managed to get on his good side, maybe he can explain mapping to me....lol.