My Xenon HID conversion is finally finished! *PICS* Didnt cost me a penny ;)

Wow, I would hate to be driving on the opposite side of the road as you. The main point of HIDs and projecters are to have them focused.. Yours look horrible in my opinion. As long as you like them thats fine.

I will be doing HIDs/projects in mine as well, but mine will be focused and not projected out to every angle...

• Sponsors (?)

808gt, I bought a set of 6 piece diamond clears off ebay, they should be here next week.

here are some pics of my old setup with the projector retrofitted into stock housings with the flutes sanded down.

441070_131_full.jpg

441070_179_full.jpg

low beams
441070_180_full.jpg

high beams
441070_181_full.jpg

WARNING:

Darkened eye protection required when viewing this post.

Danger to inner eye and permenant blindness may occur in some viewers.

Intense envy and jealousy will result if continued periods of viewing.

Long term exposure to other stangers intense head light beams may cause nausea, dizziness, rectal bleeding and sexual disfunction.

Consult bank account and performance parts outlet for long term relief.

RacEoHolic330 - coll man, your gonna like the clears, I like it.... I was thinking of buying me the 1 peice headlights :shrug: or another set of clears....

Last week I actually surprised some guys hanging around my friends shop when i turned on my lights, they did that double look thing :rlaugh: :D :nice:

Attachments

• DSCN1032.jpg
    DSCN1032.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 61
Looks great.
I'm wanting a 5000(ish)k HID system for my truck. Personally, I wouldn't go anything over a 6000k bulb, I think the blues/purples cause way too much glare for the driver. I mean, yeah it is extremely bright, but it is like driving with a pair of blue/purple tinted sunglasses on. You actually have to focus one something to see it clearly.
Sylvania used to make the Xenarc HID system for the F-150's. Those are PURE WHITE and unbelievable. I think those systems are around 5000k, I can't remember.

fiveohGT said:
Alright cool I need that info bad in the upcoming weeks. Right now I have a set of the Chrome "euro" projectors with the built in fog lamps. Would these cause glare?

Those are not projector headlights and you should not just replace your current bulb with and HID bulb/ballast/ignitor. Thats the WRONG way to equipt a car with HID's. All these kits you see on ebay for $300 that replace your stock bulb are a bunch of crap. They cause glare and give a crappy light output compared to a true projector HID setup.

To get the most light output from HID bulbs, you need 4100k or 4300k bulbs. As the color temp increases, the amount of lumens that the bulb outputs is decreased.

RacEoHolic330 said:
I'm in the process of redoing the retrofit right now so I will be making a write-up on how to install them in a set of fox body housings.

The only way to properly have HID's is to retrofit your own lamps so buying kits like the ones below will still have a lot of glare?
LRS-13007UCDL-K.jpg

LRS-13007CD-KIT.jpg

Hurry up with that write-up. :bang:

Yup, exactly. There are no aftermarket foxbody reflector housings that are designed for HID's.

I'm waiting to get my new housings in the mail. They'll be here on wednesday. Once they come, I'll start working on them.

RacEoHolic330 said:
Yup, exactly. There are no aftermarket foxbody reflector housings that are designed for HID's.

I'm waiting to get my new housings in the mail. They'll be here on wednesday. Once they come, I'll start working on them.

What housings are you getting and what exactly will you do to them to run the HID's properly?

808Gt said:
RacEoHolic330 - do you have a shroud on your existing setup ?? if so what did u make it out off, mines is from a coffe can :D .......

I made mine out of fiberglass.

fiveohGT: I bought a set of the diamond clear housings. I'll be fiberglassing a pair of BMW e46 projectors into the stock housings. I'll be doing a write-up soon once I get working on it.

RacEoHolic330 said:
I made mine out of fiberglass.

fiveohGT: I bought a set of the diamond clear housings. I'll be fiberglassing a pair of BMW e46 projectors into the stock housings. I'll be doing a write-up soon once I get working on it.

I'll be looking forward to that write up. I might be able to get a HID setup off a Lexus.

Mustang5L5 said:
Yup, HID bulbs are totally different. And Xenon is a brand, not a type of light...just like the whole NOS/nitrous thing.

You'd be surprised how many people think a true HID conversion just needs bulbs. I tell friends the price and someone always chimes in "It's not $400, i paid $29.99 for my bulbs"

Not the same thing :bang:

Actually Xenon is a gas. It has better properties than Halogen (another gas) at helping the filaments in bulbs stay brighter longer.

I have been wanting to add HIDs to my road stang for quite some time. I have the bulbs and ballast off an Acura.

One question though, how many times do you get flashed by POd drivers for your glare?? They HAVE to be focused properly.