need a new clutch but im on a budget

slow3gt

Nov 30, 2005
nashville tn
my clutch is going quick and i need a new one but im on a pretty tight budget $250 or so i was gonna get a McLeod but they are out of my price range now if i have to end up spending the money for a McLeod or Centerforce i will but are there any cheaper alternatives that will perform well?

• Sponsors (?)

King Cobras are nice, but they do not make it for your year. I would just spend the extra money on the mcleod.

Then again if you get the mcleod or centerforce, it is recomended that you get a aluminum flywheel also.

i just called a couple shops around here mcleod 100 series (holds 350hp) for $300 or the Mcleod 800 (holds 550) for $350 and a centerforce df was $339 they also all said just to get the flywheel resurfaced ive thought about a spec i just know they have really tough pedal effort but i would love to save a couple hundred right now if they arent that bad

I had a King Cobra in my old 5.0 and after a while I got used to the super stiff pedal and I kinda liked it. A Spec 1 is going in my 98 soon. I've had the clutch for over 2 years. I don't hear much about Spec anymore, but back when I bought it everyone used to talk about how they loved Spec. Of course most people actually race their cars and get stage 2 or 3.