need an off the shelf cam recomendation

1991vert

10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Ludlow, MA
just like the title says...i'm tired of the crane 2040 (e-cam)

engine is a 347 stroker with 8.5:1 compression

-TFS R-Series intake
-AFR 185 cylinder heads
-3.73s

i should be picking up a blower in a few weeks. novi 2000 and i plan on about 10-15psi of boost

i can answer any other questions that you might need info for. my signature may also hold some answers

thanks!
-Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Since your adding a blower with the 8.5:1 comression I would go with a Trick Flow stage 2 cam if your set against a custom (which would be best IMO). Just make sure you have the piston to valve clearance needed with it. I would assume your pistons are notched for 2.02 valves and Afr 185's on your 347.

Since your adding a blower with the 8.5:1 comression I would go with a Trick Flow stage 2 cam if your set against a custom (which would be best IMO). Just make sure you have the piston to valve clearance needed with it. I would assume your pistons are notched for 2.02 valves and Afr 185's on your 347.

pistons are dished

He may accept credit cards but I know he doesn't accept paypal. Just bought osme things from him recently.

ya i dont feel like going to get a money order. if i could just email him my info and type in my credit card number i'd definately buy a custom cam. buying off the shelf cams are an easy transaction.

someone recomended the AFM b-41 cam...any good?