Need help removing bolt....

LX91Mustang

Jun 21, 2005
Hey,
Ok im trying to get my steering shaft off but theres one problem. Thers a bolt going thru both sides 2 of them to remove it... I got one off very easy... then when i went to go get the other one off it would not budge.... I heated it up... hit it with a hammer and used a air gun and it still did not come off....... I have run out of idears... and really need to get this off in order to remove my oil pan..... if any of u got any idears or no how i can get it off easily cause its rusted in the sleeve. Let me no iv been trying at this thing for atleast 3 days... and no luck...... Well anyone please.. helpp

Thanks...

• Sponsors (?)

Put some "release all"(kind of WD-40), give some shoot of hammer put some release all again, wait an hour.. put some release all again.. wait 15 min and try to remove it, if it doesn't work, heat it up and try again..

realease all?? never heard of it were can iget some... iv tried wd-40 and it didnt work either

Keasbey said:
Put some "release all"(kind of WD-40), give some shoot of hammer put some release all again, wait an hour.. put some release all again.. wait 15 min and try to remove it, if it doesn't work, heat it up and try again..

Not to be an ass, but what kind of leverage where you working with? The ole torque wrench can work wonders when no leverage is to be had otherwise. I'm sure you had enough, but I figured I'd offer, since this saved my ass a couple times lastnight.

Which bolts are you talking about?

There is one bolt at the intermediate shaft to steering wheel shaft joint, two on the rag joint, one clamp bolt on the intermediate shaft to rack coupler below the rag joint, and two rack mount bolts.

You can take the int shaft out by removing the clamp bolt and int shaft bolt, or remove the int shaft bolt and pull the rack, shaft, rag joint, hoses, and tie rods out together.

The rack mounts take large metric wrenches, but should not be hard to remove if you get on them with six point sockets, and a good breaker bar. Actually, I think the size is such that a std socket will also fit.