Need help wiring a alternator!

hey guys,
I picked up a alternator out of a 2003 ford taurus, The alternator is rated at 110amp (so its alittle better then stock). The brackes are the same as mine it looks excatly like the 130amp in the 94 mustangs, but the only difference is that it is missing one plug, The single white wire plug it is just not there.I also know that the the three wires comming out of the alternator match the came color code as the 130amp alternator in the 94gt's. I was woundering if this was a problem and maybe there is another way i could wire this? Any help would be awsome.
altwiring.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So the pic is of a 3G and your new Taurus alternator does not have a receptacle for the stator wire, right?

I wonder if AZ's web site has schematics for that year of Taurus that you can reference. Or hit a Taurus forum and ask them where their stator hooks up.

Good luck.

If the alternator you are trying to install does not have the stator wire then it stands to reason that the alt is internally excited (activated). You should be able to just leave the stator wire from your stock harness hanging there with no ill effect. Pre 87 Stangs have no stator wire either.