Need recommendations for white gauges

SPEEDHUT FTMFW!!!

I have speedhut gauges w/ gauge rings from american muscle. Got it all for under $100 and you can't beat that! I absolutely love them!!

dsc_0412.jpg

dsc_0419.jpg

dsc_0418.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

SPEEDHUT FTMFW!!!

I have speedhut gauges w/ gauge rings from american muscle. Got it all for under $100 and you can't beat that! I absolutely love them!!

dsc_0412.jpg

dsc_0419.jpg

dsc_0418.jpg

How was the install for those? What about the matching AC panel? I like those.

My order for the Simcos was kicked back because a certain part was on back order from their supplier so I'm still somewhat open.

Did you have to remove the needles? Are those the reverse EL-Glo?

What is the inverter upgrade?

I'm still not sure I like the idea of having a separate switch to control brightness. I'd rather use the factory headlight knob.

Where did you install the switch?

I don't really like how the lights flare off/reflect to the ceiling of the dash. Is that due to the chrome rings?

How was the install for those? What about the matching AC panel? I like those.

My order for the Simcos was kicked back because a certain part was on back order from their supplier so I'm still somewhat open.

Did you have to remove the needles? Are those the reverse EL-Glo?

What is the inverter upgrade?

I'm still not sure I like the idea of having a separate switch to control brightness. I'd rather use the factory headlight knob.

Where did you install the switch?

I don't really like how the lights flare off/reflect to the ceiling of the dash. Is that due to the chrome rings?

PM Sent :nice:

SPEEDHUT FTMFW!!!

dsc_0412.jpg

dsc_0419.jpg

dsc_0418.jpg

Please help me out on buying the gauges and the a/c gauges, i want to buy the same ones you have.. I saw the website but I cant find the a/c gauges.
and why are yours shining red with blue? it looks cool!!

I'd leave the A/C ones alone. They don't look good white. Seems like more people do them "just because" when they really don't have any sort of visual appeal when the entire surrounding cluster is black.

I bought my white face gauges on Ebay 6 years ago for $20 or so. They were a set of overlays like your fist post, but didn't look like they belonged on a Honda. They were actually very appealing. Came with an inverter to change between green and blue and a dimmer. They lasted 5 years until i traded the car in, which i removed them. I still have them, but they've been scratched up from being thrown around the last year or so.

Anyway, took a peek on Ebay and can't seem to find a set. They don't look cheap at all really. I'm very picky about what I put in that car and they were plenty acceptable to me.

I can look for them later and post pics.

I got these from American Muscle for Christmas. They look great, love the glow at night. They slip on over the needles and if you have an eye for detail you do not need to glue them onto the factory overlay as suggested by the instructions. Just take the time to line up the openngs perfectly over the needles. I hated the thought of ruining the factory overlay in case I ever wanted to take them off. The glow is more blue than the pics portray. And yes I was turning 8 grand while on the kitchen counter!:D
View attachment 200889
View attachment 200890

I have the ones like on whiteguages.net

like them for several reasons...

- I like not having the company logo,
- I hate the large green ring at the base of the needles like most of the ones on ebay,
- I like the separate dimmer cuz I can dim the numbers with that and still use the factory dimmer to control the needles,
- switches to blue or green although I'm partial to the blue.
- no glueing
- I mounted the switch on the bottom of the dash by my right knee, can barely see it, easy if you know where it is but no one will ever see it if they don't know.

I do like those chrome trim rings someone posted... :nice:

I'd leave the A/C ones alone. They don't look good white. Seems like more people do them "just because" when they really don't have any sort of visual appeal when the entire surrounding cluster is black.

I bought my white face gauges on Ebay 6 years ago for $20 or so. They were a set of overlays like your fist post, but didn't look like they belonged on a Honda. They were actually very appealing. Came with an inverter to change between green and blue and a dimmer. They lasted 5 years until i traded the car in, which i removed them. I still have them, but they've been scratched up from being thrown around the last year or so.

Anyway, took a peek on Ebay and can't seem to find a set. They don't look cheap at all really. I'm very picky about what I put in that car and they were plenty acceptable to me.

I can look for them later and post pics.

I bought the AC gauges face with mine from Speedhut. They are black and look near factory, but light up blue and dim with the rest of my cluster.

IMG_0884.jpg

Only pics I can find right now, laid loosely in place in the first one.
IMG_1430.jpg

20154_1310613320756_1093309073_30962164_8051972_n.jpg

For anybody still interested in purchasing gauges I know UPR makes a set of white face and silver face gauges. They aren't overdone and have a bit of a factory look but I think thats what makes them nice :)

99-04 Mustang GT Silver Face Gauges 150mph

That's the style I originally wanted, but couldn't find a set where I didn't have to remove the needles. Then someone mentioned Speedhut, and it was fun customizing everything I wanted. Good customer service too.

thanks. I do like the ones like the attached pic below better though. I have one in my GT that might be just like it. The 94 Cobra I bought has a white cluster, but I was hoping to find a way to get that look like the below pics and the face still look stockish with the lights off to maintain that OEM look. I might have to just change the bulbs though to LEDs. At least that would give it a nicer look with lights on.

The one you attached from LMR actually looks similar to the stock setup with the lights on

white face cluster.png
white face cluster blue.png

Reactions: 1 user
thanks. I do like the ones like the attached pic below better though. I have one in my GT that might be just like it. The 94 Cobra I bought has a white cluster, but I was hoping to find a way to get that look like the below pics and the face still look stockish with the lights off to maintain that OEM look. I might have to just change the bulbs though to LEDs. At least that would give it a nicer look with lights on.

white face cluster.png
white face cluster blue.png
Its nice idea!
Yes! Its look way better!