Need some diehard Mustang guys opinions!!

redlined94

Jun 27, 2004
Illinois
Well fellas, I just sold my atv to get some cash to get a mustang and I have a car lined up that is an 89 Notch with a bunch of crap on it and its in IMMACULATE shape, only 51K original miles, or I have the choice of looking around for a Mustang and I am wanting to get a 99 Cobra. I was just wondering your guys' opinion on which would be a better buy. Just give me some input, I would appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

Here is a pic of the Notch that I could get.

Attachments

• 89notch.jpg
    89notch.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 156
Yea - both cars have positive and negative points. What matters is what YOU will be the happiest with.
Mansonozz has a good point. I'm sure he's telling you to buy what you REALLY want to buy. We can't tell you what YOU really want.
But you ARE in a 5.0 forum so I'd say "The notch"!

DMAN302 said:
if you don't know..then you don't have the passion for the fox...let someone who does get a chance at it...fox lovers don't have to decide :)

Not to derail this thread or anything :rolleyes: but DMAN - where did you go to school to become a "professional" thread derailer? I'm just a "hobbiest" derailer, but would really like some derailer certs!

That coupe is pretty sweet looking.....it all comes down to what you want....do you want something closer related to a muscecar or do you want something more refined and modern? Also the coupe is going to be easier to work on as opposed to the Cobra, although not by so much as to really sway your opinion that much. You're also looking at 2 different engine classes....an old school but potent 302 vs. a DOHC mod motor....which is definately no slouch.

I'd say you need to deside which car really speaks to you more, and don't let things like price or ease of working on it decide for you, just pick what's going to really make you happiest. If the coupe wasn't in such a good condition, i'd say the Cobra, but since it is i'd have to say go with the coupe if it were my choice.

aaron11272 said:
Not to derail this thread or anything :rolleyes: but DMAN - where did you go to school to become a "professional" thread derailer? I'm just a "hobbiest" derailer, but would really like some derailer certs!
Four years of back breaking work I aquired my B.A in criminology and minored in 'train of thought' and 'point of conversation' derailment from the University of Windosr....oh the hours...oh the work...oh the beer....oh....sorry can't remember what I was talking about.

DMAN302 said:
Four years of back breaking work I aquired my B.A in criminology and minored in 'train of thought' and 'point of conversation' derailment from the University of Windosr....oh the hours...oh the work...oh the beer....oh....sorry can't remember what I was talking about.

Wow - I don't have the motivation and perseverance you have! :hail2:
I guess I'll go back to my "amateur" half assed ways :bang:

Depends on what you want. My cousins 99 cobra will walk all over me in the twisties, but in a 1/8th mile I could make a race of it but I'd still lose. However parts are a little cheaper for a fox body. If your wanting a 12 second ride that handles fairly well and is comfy I'd said 99 cobra. If your wanting more of a straight line car that is lighter with cheaper parts, the notch. Don't get me wrong a notch can handle well but a cobra is a better start. The IRS really helps it in the handling dept. but on hard launches you can snap a halfshaft real quick. Personally I would pick the notch, but it's for you to decide.