Need some encouragement..

OutLawSE

Founding Member
Nov 6, 2001
NJ
Guys,

I need some encouragement to finish my stang.

She is almost done and I just have a few issues left with the car:

- A leaky AODE. New B&M pan, but still leaking a pint every 2 weeks.

- Noisy driver side rocker.

- And I think I need new rear shocks. She is riding rough and have some wheel hop when I hit a bump.

Do you think my Stang is coming along nicely or should I just sell and start on a new project?

• Sponsors (?)

ahh man, come on. if you saw the condition of my mustang, you'd look at yours and feel like $1,000,000.

i originally got it as a project car, but since my daily driver ('02 Ram) was wrecked, she's my dd now.

i've got hail damage up the kazoo, interior's nasty, and she runs like crap. don't feel like going into details, but trust me, you don't need more encouragment than i do.

now come, wtf are you waiting for?? finish that badboy.

What's up with the cam? Any idea where the leak is coming from?

I know the feeling of "you've had enough." I've had so many things over the years go wrong and that I've had to fight with on my car to get right that I had thought about throwing a match on it, but at times like those I'll just walk away from it for a few days and come back and try again. The thing that keeps me going is that great feeling you get when it all gets ironed out and you are able to appreciate the fruits of your labor. Hang in there, you'll be bouncing off the walls in a short time when you get it all figured out.

I was in the same boat as you outlaw. When I was doing my 351w swap (still not done but really close), I thought the world was against me. It was murphy's law at its best and then some. I was so tempted just to stop and sell it and consider everything a loss.

You should look at your situation from the point of view that your so close to being done. All your problems arent really major ones, just naggin ones, except maybe the tranny leak (lost track of where your at on that one, last I read I thought the B&M pan fixed your problem, guess not).

Just hang in there, and keep at it.

Even if you start a new project, youll still run into the same ole bull crap, there's no way around it. Besides, is there any other car out there easier to work on then mustang (LOL dont answer that)?

I guess we all know how you feel. Look try this. Tackle the smallest problem you have right now and don't worry about the others. Once you finish that one, you'll feel a lot better about the car and see the other problems as minor things and encouragement will come automatically. Works for me.

how about spending a month pulling ur engine/tranny, rebuilding the engine, cleaning up the engine bay a bit, swaping transmissions (aode to 5speed) droping it all back in and bending a pushrod and valve with 12miles on the motor :bang:

all caused by a bad valve guide the machine shop installed :uzi:

ran and sounded great untill it broke tho:banana:

Damn thats ashame.

I thought the B&M pan did fix the leak. Leak free for 2 days. Then she started leaking again. Allot less though, only about 4 drops compared to a puddle.

I think I am just gonna run her for awhile and enjoy it. Then tackle her in the winter.