Need some help...

iLkYsPoNy

if she's a tranny then... well I'd do her.... it..
I just bought a 90mm Lightning MAF and I think I had a brain fart when I bought it. I obviously now know I need to modify something somwhere. Has anyone run this MAF without switching to a cold air intake? I'd love to retain the stock air box if at all possible.

I was thinking like some flanges on each side to do the reduction/expansion but I wasn't sure how I would seal it or where I would find them. Plus the plug is slightly different, the pins look the same just from a glance. The only major difference is the connector itself... am I right? I could have sworn the Lighning was a 6 pin but looking in it I only see 4 pins.... am I crazy?

Please advise!

• Sponsors (?)

Here's almost exactly what I would like to accomplish...

LMAFKit.jpg

The MAF will not work properly without a Tweecer or custom chip tune. The transfer curves (voltage output compared to airflow) are very different from the stock 5.0 MAF.

Yes sir, I already knew that. But I need to get it on so I can have it ready for the dyno tune on Monday. I've already got a chip in the computer for my old 76mm MAF but right now I'm running the stock MAF cause the 76mm took a dump on me. The software is already in there for a different MAF, now I just need to get the 90mm on and get it tuned exactly for it. Only issue I'm having is fitment.