Need some information

hurdlinmasta

Dec 25, 2004
Im looking to sell my 05 stang GT. Possibly buy the Ford GT or better. Im alittle misinformed so I have a few questions.

The 05 Mycolor function, i know there were lawsuits and stuff, did they get rid of it for the 06 models? cause if so, then im sure my car would be worth more.

And when I said few, i meant one question. hah.

• Sponsors (?)

Im looking to sell my 05 stang GT. Possibly buy the Ford GT or better. Im alittle misinformed so I have a few questions.

The 05 Mycolor function, i know there were lawsuits and stuff, did they get rid of it for the 06 models? cause if so, then im sure my car would be worth more.

And when I said few, i meant one question. hah.

Ummmm, my 2007 has the Mycolor function.

From what I remember about the lawsuit was that some guy came up with the idea and gave prototypes to the major car companies, Ford and GM. GM turned the guy down as did Ford but then Ford came out with a VERY similar (MyColor) gauge color thing and the guy sued Ford.

Obviously they settled or the newer cars wouldn't have the option.

They settled in mid model year for the 2005. That's why many 2005s didn't ship with MyColor and why production was held up somewhat. If you ask me, Mycolor isn't that big a deal in the first place.
Problem is it was part of a package which had other desirable features. My 2005 was built at a time when Ford was not installing them because of the suit. Fortunately my car had the wiring and I later upgraded the instrument cluster. I set a color I liked and haven't touched it since. It has the added guages and the computer for MPG, etc.