Need some opinions...fair trade?

1987Rock

May 2, 2007
Ok, so the guy that bought STPROROLLA49's car goes to school with me at Georgia Southern :rlaugh: and wants to trade his 03 Cobra wheels (17x9/10.5 with 245/315 Sumis 40%tread on rear) for my FR500s (18x9/10 with 245/275 Nexens with less than 6000 miles on em, still mint).
He's willing to put in $$ to make up for the condition of his rims.

The 03 Cobras are pretty damn beat up from curb rash (lip is smashed in, not just scratched) but it doesn't affect air holding and they're not bent. I could roll on em for a little while then replace em....

He says he's gonna buy FRs like mine anyway so I'm thinkin offer like $800-900 plus his wheels so we both win. He gets cheap FRs and I can replace the smashed rims and get new rear tires. I paid $1400 for mine new, sooo.....

Does this sound like a fair offer? :shrug: I LOVE the 03 Cobras and wish Id've gotten them in the first place...

Also, anybody know where to get 10.5" 03 Cobras for a decent price? Seems everybody is going to the DD 03s and I don't like those...

• Sponsors (?)

Definitely. The longer I've had the FRs, the less I like em. I guess I'm just a 5 spoke kinda guy. I just wanted to make sure that it sounds like a reasonable offer on my part.

I've been trying to find someone that carries machined finish 17x10.5 non DD 03 Cobras and nobody does...WTF? AFS used to but they're not listed. Any ideas on where to find some???

Hey, I think I found a place that carries the wheels! Cruizin Concepts. I called them and told the lady on the phone that I want machined non DD 03 Cobra style wheels and she said they carry them. :banana:

I'm gonna call the toll free # to talk to someone else to make sure though...

EDIT** I just called one of the other numbers and talked to a sales rep and he said they just sold the last 4 in stock, but they will have another shipment in in 30 days...