Need some serious HELP!!! please ASAP.........

kosmos

Dec 15, 2008
I've been running the bbk adjustable clutch cable, and gripp qaudrant it came with, their cables are poor design, and had some problems with it so I ordered a NEW STEEDA adjustable cable and it doesnt fit the GRIPP qaudrant???!!

I looked under my dash at my current setup and it is suppose to fit snugg under the teeth but the STEEDA cable has a bigger bushing?!

heres pics of what im talking about

View attachment 257091

View attachment 257092

View attachment 257093

SO im thinking maybe the STEEDA double hook quad has lower cut into the qaud heres picture of the steeda double hook

View attachment 257094

I thought all qauds would work with all cables but i guess im wrong, from eyes on view it looks like my bbk cable bushing isnt as big as the steeda's so thats why it fits the gripp qaudrant snugg and under the teeth *NO GAPS*...... hell if i know just someone please tell me what do to, Im going to use the steeda cable no matter what *WITHOUT FIREWALL ADJUSTER* i hate them... I just need to know basically if the steeda qaudrant will work or be the same as the gripp>?!

• Sponsors (?)

IMO, you would be better off using a stock cable and a firewall adjuster.

However, if I were you, I would just grind the "bushing" on the end of the cable down flat on the one side so it will sit down behind the teeth. Doesn't look like you would have to grind much to get it to fit.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you worried about it sitting flush into the teeth? It doesn't matter as long as it engages the clutch. It can be a little offset in the hook. BTW...I broke the Steeda one week after the install. Split at the point it entered the firewall. Several have had this problem. Went back to the OEM with no issues.