NEw 06 GT what now????

mike7581

Aug 18, 2004
Orange County, CA
Hello everyone, i am a long time mustang enthusiest but not as familiar with the new s197's so hook up some advice. I have previously owned a 88 gt hatch, 92 notchback with 331 stroker (which was my 4 banger conversion), then upgraded to an 03 cobra 10th aniversary (beautiful car) and am now a proud owner of a 2006 GT. check my signature for the couple things the dealer has done to the car for me but now its time for a few more mods that won't void my 5 year powertrain warranty so i can beat the crap out of my tranny and have them replace it as needed.

I am thinking about doing an offroad x-pipe any suggestions??? Also have read some awesome stuff about the C&L intake setup which comes with the tuner!!! Any one ran one of these? good, bad, any info? any different suggestion on the intake? obviously gears would be good but i do drive this baby 25 miles to work everyday so gas sucks but hey i didn't buy her as a gas saver right!!!

Anyways any advice would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I am just curious but wanting to get a little louder sound out of my car. will the or xpipe help with that or should i go with something like the slp loudmouth.

Also i live in orange county california. anyone else live around here that knows were to get a good tune from besides GRC or will a tuner that i can buy provide the results i want. i keep reading everywhere about how crappy the stock tune is on these cars. i do notice that i don't have much low end power.

1) Tune. Go with a SCT X2 from either Brenspeed or Bamachips.

2) Cold Air Intake: JLT, C&L, etc.

Or, buy both of the above and you will get noticeable power and response improvements.

mike7581 said:
I am just curious but wanting to get a little louder sound out of my car. will the or xpipe help with that or should i go with something like the slp loudmouth.

Also i live in orange county california. anyone else live around here that knows were to get a good tune from besides GRC or will a tuner that i can buy provide the results i want. .
If you want to save some money on the SLP's, just take the car to a exhaust shop and have them remove the mufflers and make some tailpipes for it.Thats what I did.
You can call Greg @ Racers Edge Tuning,562-445-7001. His shop is in Downey. Or Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics(very hard to get ahold of), and he is in Huntington Beach.