new '07 or new '06 GT?

i dont know about the shock tower issue, but the 07 stangs have a stiffer chassis than the 05/06, because ford decided to add extra welds, and thicker metal to certain areas of the unibody. the 07 also weighs more than an 05/06 (about 40 lbs, IIRC)

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know about the shock tower issue, but the 07 stangs have a stiffer chassis than the 05/06, because ford decided to add extra welds, and thicker metal to certain areas of the unibody. the 07 also weighs more than an 05/06 (about 40 lbs, IIRC)

this is interesting info.
did ford confirm this?

does this make the '07 a better riding car?

Hello stang brothers,

Ford has incentives for both new '07 and '06 stang GTs..

the '06 has about $3500 more incentive over the '07.

I was wondering if the '07 model is so much better improved that its worth it to get the '07?

$3500 i can save for wheels/tires/suspension....

thanks....
Not only the $3500 incentive but somehow the 07's will get you higher APR if you are financing through Ford Motor Credit, so the difference can be around 5 grand all together. That's the main reason why I just bought an 06 model, but I had to settle down with an auto because that's all they had left. I didn't wanna pay 5 grand more just to have a stick, when technically the auto should be more expensive. I'm still loving it tho. The 06's and 07's have very minor differences, nothing that I would lose my head over, and the way I see it, the 5 grand can buy me a roushcharger.

Before you do a cost/benefit analysis of buying a 2006 GT vs a 2007 GT, find a few 2006 GTs that would meet your specified requirements FIRST. Good luck with that, because most of the 2006s are already sold (the point of all these incentives is to clear out the 2006 models in the lots to make room for more 2007s and for the upcoming 2008s). I know I can get a really good deal if I look around and buy lot cars, but you don't know the history of the lot cars and you do not know what has been done to it. Most of them sit out in the sun, rain, snow, etc... and the car washers just hose them down with high pressure sprayers. Bird poop can sit on the paint for a few days under the summer sun as well. In addition, some dealerships use lot cars as part donor cars. Driveline wobble/vibration? No problem, let's see if it is fixed with this lot car's driveshaft... Some dealerships will try to sell their demo cars with 3000 miles on the odometer as a new car.

this is interesting info.
did ford confirm this?

does this make the '07 a better riding car?

i really cant remember where the information originated from at this point. its been a long time since that was news, i forgot. :( i am sure 351CJ can confirm it though.

edit: check this link, there are a few confirmations. http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=652817

as far as ride, i have not been in a 2007, so i cant compare.

In the 07's the traction loc rear is a $100 option, it's std in the 05-06 GT's. I assume this was a "fix" for the rear axle moan at low speed cornering. My 06 moans everytime I turn a corner, but I can live with it. Can't do without the traction though with a pegleg rear.

This is STILL a problem with the 07's, as mine goes in Tuesday for a new ring and pinion. BS Ford Mexican parts.

The moan/groan during low-speed turns is due to the friction modifier content. The clutch based limited slip differentials need a certain amount of friction modifier to decrease the friction (allow enough slip in the clutches during a turn) to prevent clutch chatter (the moan/groan). I've driven my Vic's 8.8" Trac-Lok w/ a fresh clutch pack w/o ANY XL-3 (sorry to bring in the Vic again poopdawg) and I know exactly what the groan/moan sounds like. My GT luckily does not make this sound.

A driveline clunk (like we are discussing in the other thread) is NOT related to the clutch packs or the friction modifier unless 1 or more clutches are cracked/damaged/missing (unlikely).

The spec says to fill up to 1/4" to 9/16" from the bottom of the filler hole. In the past, I have always maxed it out so that extra gear oil would spill out of that hole. I figure, what's the harm in a few extra ounces :)