New Badges + Pics + Help removing adhesive!

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Okay, got the new pony and bars on. One side of the car has the "Supercharged" emblem and one doesn't. I like having the supercharged badge better, so I gotta pickup another.

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Other side:
IMG_0806.jpg

Oh, how do I get rid of the "GT" outline you see here? I tried using 3M adhesive remover but it didn't get that damn outline! :bang:
IMG_0805.jpg

Lastly, I removed the GT from the rear to complete the non-GT badge look. :nice:
IMG_0808.jpg

Side note: I miss my Saleens :-(
CIMG1926.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 99
  • CIMG1926.jpg
    CIMG1926.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Sponsors (?)

Rubbing alcohol. An OLD clay bar that youll never use again may work if you keep it well lubricated (my friend did that) but I'd stick to rubbing alcohol. Bug and Tar removers should work well too.

you shouldn't have put the badges on before you cleaned the area... any way bumper sticker remover + pressure washer at 5 minute intervals for about a half hour should do it.... but now it would shoot your new emblems off.

I'm thinking polish and a buffer will do it too. I know I shouldn't have put the new badges on. Oh well. I'll have to work around it. :bang:

Thanks for the tips. Keep em coming if anyone has anymore!

I ended up having to use some Menzerna polish and my Porter Cable to get rid of the marks from the badge on my trunklid. I tried everything, and that was the only thing that got rid of the marks for me. Yours doesn't look as bad as mine did, though.

I just tried to rub in some Scratch X. No go. Whatever created that line, is on there for good.
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Hmm..can you feel it in the paint? I'm guessing since you tried scratch x, you have experience with the stuff. Remember you have to rub really hard with scratch x if you want it to do anything. Once your fingers hurt and if it doesn't do anything then I would give up on scratch x.

Hmm..can you feel it in the paint? I'm guessing since you tried scratch x, you have experience with the stuff. Remember you have to rub really hard with scratch x if you want it to do anything. Once your fingers hurt and if it doesn't do anything then I would give up on scratch x.

Yea man, I rubbed HARD till my fingers felt like they were gunna bend back ahahah.

In reference to 04Dark, I appreciate your input. :nice: But I really like it. It's different and looks too "plain" with just the pony and bars. :shrug: And as for the trunk, I would prefer to have the stupid FORD symbol gone, but the stupid hole behind it ruins us from doing that.

I'm going to leave it like this (one side with the s/c badge) until the Saleens go back on. I might like it with just the pony and bars with the Saleens more. :nice: I f'ing hate these winter rims. Makes my car look like a big vagina :notnice: