New Carpet Arrives tomorrow. WOOT!

1992 2.3LX

Dec 5, 2002
Ky
Well the interior is fully stripped and ready for the new carpet that arrives tomorrow. I went ahead and got black to add a little more of the two tone interior.
I still have to removes the back trim panels (can't exactly figure out how they come out and don't want to break anything. My Chilton's manual should arrive tomrrow aswell.)
View attachment 388540
View attachment 388541
I am struggling getting the rear seat belts taken out aswell, I am doing a rear seat delete so they are coming out for good. But i do believe it will be easier once i get the rear trim panels out.
Here is the stack of interior goodies. All have been cleaned up real nice. The black interior parts I am going to strip on Thursday and redye them.
View attachment 388542
I also have new headlights on the way and hopefully a new trunk latch (just waiting on an address to send the money.)
It's coming along nicely.

I have started tearing down the top end of the motor just for detailing purposes. Trying to figure out what intake manifold to go with or if I should just slap a Kenne Bell on it and be done.
BUt it's progress slow yeah but I am having a good time and it's m,y first time tearing down the interior so I have run into a few snags but we get past them

• Sponsors (?)

i went with AAC thru www.50resto.com it cost $115 shipped
I didn't go with the full backing that one cost like $160.
But this carpet has more backing than the factory stuff.
I only have the passengerside part way done. I am taking it really slow so there are no bubbles.
Here it is the only part that is finished in this picture is the passenger rear section
View attachment 388293

Black and Tan Cobras FTW
100_6763.jpg

you should of put a layer of reflextix under your carpet before you put the new stuff on.. makes road noise half of what it is... you can get it at home depot for like 20 bucks in the insulation isle...