New fox seats and cover from Ford

So i had these pics in an email. 9/18/15

If i remember correctly this is what happened:
Recaro (purchased through wedge and drop shipped), messed up the pull arm. They sent me sliders for an outside pull arm and an arm meant for the inside. I'm pretty sure (but it has been 8 years) that i couldn't reverse the sliders and just make them inside.
They asked for pics, so i sent the ones you see.
The sent me an entirely new set of sliders with the right pull.
Then both recaro and wedge refused to take the sliders back, each suggested i send them to the other.
So i kept them and bent (with a lot of heat) a new pull with round stock from home depot.
In turn i had one set of sliders (not the bracket) for one side for free.
Part number for bracket is there and you can see in some of the pics the tab holes and tabs.
If you guys can't get these, that really sucks. Because i don't think there is a better way to do it.
To be clear the tabs are on the sliders (note the three holes) and basically the brackets have drilled and tapped round stock welded to them to accept an allen bolt. Hence the idea that you can raise and lower the seats based on your preference.

wedge pic 2.jpg wedge pic 3.jpg wedge pic 4.jpg wedge pic 5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

While i do spend money, rarely do i pay up, for anything.
Patience and research is the key. When i see things that i want at the prices close to what i'm willing to pay, i buy.
Having cash on had is also helpful.
Doesn't hurt to also be willing to go see and item and make an offer (not venmo, paypal or zelle). Old school guys often will often sell to buyers with people skills cheaper. I know i do.

There are so many cars that recaros have come in.
Police cars, busses, all kinds of 80's cars including BMW's, VW's etc. Even desk chairs
Mine are out of a recaro edition trans am.
I'm in my set around $2500 and that includes having the rears redone to match.
Expensive? Sorta, but nothing compared to buying them new.

Anything desirable and or hard to find is going to be expensive. Simple supply and demand.

Yeah. Early 80s. Fox Mustangs had them as well.

Mine started life in a late 80s VW Jetta mk2. Got them for $250 but I think that was before the latest craze in Recaros in Fox body mustangs. I see them all over now. Becoming more common.

Not a fan of the colors, though the form is cool.
In most cases the color is irrelevant.
Typically these seats are beat up from being used as daily drivers and 90% of them were never going to be the colors needed to run in a fox.
So when you have them reupholstered, you do them whatever you prefer.
Mine were the vertical pleaded pair above. Now they look absolutely nothing like that.
I was paying for the frames, hardware and factory parts. The cushioning and covers meant nothing to me.

Oddly enough, there are two decent sets lists in the "similar" threads below all these posts, listed not that long ago.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m running wedge brackets with my recaros, only thing I don’t like about them is where you bolt down on the rear, they housed that area so it’s hard to use a ratchet. I’d check out Recaroseatsforsale on FB he does some really nice work. Got mine redone at a shop here in Austin, they were not great foam wise but intact over all, look great now.
9BE2584E-923E-4913-8B01-73473C69A563.jpeg
IMG_1715.png

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users