New Front Fascia (pics)

anthony05gt

Mar 18, 2006
Maryland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently removed my stock fascia with the CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler. The chin spoiler was 5'' from the ground which was too much BS for me. I replaced it with a Street Scene Generation 2 front fascia.

The Street Scene part is decent quality urethane. I've seen better, but I've also seen much worse. It took a few hours to prep and prefit the part. I had to add some high density foam rubber to the bumper support beam in 2 areas to keep the fascia tight to the grill. I also had to do some grinding to the side bumper brackets (side marker lights attach to them) to make them fit the new bumper cover. My friend Rick Siegert (Inferno Designs) completed the paint work.

100_1114.jpg

100_1113.jpg

100_1112.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1114.jpg
    100_1114.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_1113.jpg
    100_1113.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_1112.jpg
    100_1112.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Sponsors (?)

If I were to try lowering the intercooler it would have the inlet and outlet tubes too low to the ground.

On the grill I took some paint and a small brush and painted the edge of it after scuffing it down with 320 first. It took several hours on the kitchen table. I did that 2 years ago.

how much airflow do you think the intercooler really gets? seems as if it is limited, with much of the cooler up behind the bumper reinforcement. any thoughts to add a little custom fabbed air deflector? :shrug:

The pics don't do the intercooler any justice. It actually has more exposure than the pics show. I'll have to look at to see if there is any way to lower it without having the inlet or outlet tubing any closer to the street. The tubing is already a tad lower than the skid pan. My air charge is plenty cool, no detonation here at all.

Showya06, I don't think I would ever paint it. I like the polished look.

assuming you ever need to in the future:

it would not be too hard to fab up a simple air deflector, and then paint it black so it would blend in. just need a simple bend to route air up there, if ever neccessary. then you would not have any need to lower the cooler and limit ground clearance.

i know you said it gets good airflow as is, but just something to think about later, if needed. :nice:

I've seen that before. I was out in the garage earlier looking at the tubing and it looks like it could be lowered without much clearance issue. If I have to pull the fascia off for anything I may jump into it.

Well after 4 hours and 2 coats of paint later my grill is painted. I will have to wash her up and take better pics during day light hours, perhaps Saturday. What a HUGE difference it makes!!!!!

Paintedgrill-front1.jpg

Paintedgrill-front2.jpg

Paintedgrill-front3.jpg

Paintedgrill-side.jpg

Attachments

• Paintedgrill-front1.jpg
    Paintedgrill-front1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Paintedgrill-front2.jpg
    Paintedgrill-front2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Paintedgrill-front3.jpg