New FRPP BOSS block available next year

• Sponsors (?)

i saw that. i've been reading the site all night. what makes it so much better than an R block? sure, the R block may weigh a little more and cost 150 (or so) more, but its the proven performer.

I'm sure ford build this block to compete with the DART iron eagle block. The main problem with the R block is all the machining it requires. The dart block doesn't need nearly as much machining. Maybe this "Boss" block is better built than the R block?

Looks like there is going to be crate engines based on this boss block the highest horsepower one is a 331 with 500hp, the sad thing is that it looks like list price is going to be around $10,000.

a885.0 said:
Looks like there is going to be crate engines based on this boss block the highest horsepower one is a 331 with 500hp, the sad thing is that it looks like list price is going to be around $10,000.

That's crazy....for that price why not just buy the Cammer for 15k and get the electronics with it?

It would be nice if it was a better bang for the buch when compared to a sick aftermarket block, but Ford is retarded and charges way to much for their stuff.

i just think its sad that Ford doesnt even know the real specs on the 69-70 boss block.

I have one, and i can tell you, it has the 1/2" head bolts, 1/2" inner mains, 3/8" outer. And it definitely can be bored more than .030" over.

why they try to downplay the original boss to make the new one sound better is beyond me.

first off, the new one will be MUCH more available then trying to find an original. The improvements they made are well worth the money.

Kumm3 said:
I have one, and i can tell you, it has the 1/2" head bolts, 1/2" inner mains, 3/8" outer. And it definitely can be bored more than .030" over.

That my friend is Marketing at it's best. Think back to the 93 Mustang V8 when they down graded the power output by 10HP just to make the 94 V8 seem "that much better".

Kumm3 said:
first off, the new one will be MUCH more available then trying to find an original. The improvements they made are well worth the money.

Yup, they will be readily available in the FRPP catalog. :) Should be a good alternative to the Dart block

90_Red_LX said:
Dart will be the better block. Imo at least.
Did anyone consider the possiblity that Ford doesn't make the new block and may have just decided to by the Man-O-War or Dart blocks & re-label them?