New guy showing off!

KcMstang

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2001
Hamilton, Georgia
Picked up '05 GT at the beginning of November. Just a STOCK 05 on the original tires. Now it sits on 20" CS69 with Magnaflow Axleback and CDC Chin Spoiler. Look forward on getting more information on lowering springs, short-throw shifter, and c-pillar scoops.

:flag:

Attachments

• FP6210_2.jpg
    FP6210_2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 158
  • update_GT.jpg
    update_GT.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 184
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum.

As far as C pillar scoops go I've really enjoyed my Silver horse racing louvers. They are the ones that you take the glass out for. I got them pre painted with their install kit. DON"T waste money on the install kit the adhesive sucks.

I've got a Hurst sts that I liked. Its gotten sloppy over time and after the umptenth time of climbing under the car to retighten it the stock linkage bolt stripped. I drilled it out and put a "no **** there I was" grade 8 bolt in its place and its straight now. Had a B&M sts before it and it was only marginally better than stock. Lot of other posts on this.

Like the 20s?

I'm liking the 20s a little paranoid about getting curb rash and misc. other scratches due to the low low profile tires but I think they look damn good. I'm got the wheel hop problem (as due many SN197 from what I've been reading) so I'm planning on starting suspension next. I'd like to stay with one brand for everything so I'm thinking about Steeda.

:nice:

I like CHE as well. I think I'm going to end up with mostly CHE stuff. Been kicking the BMR idea around but I've seen a lot of guys blowing out bushing with just DR's and mild cars.

Nice ride! It looks better since you got rid of the grille overlay then added the chin spoiler and wheels! SHR lower grille inserts look great and are only a few second install!
+1 to the SHR quarter window louvers! I have them and love them! I used their adhesive and haven't had any problems in the near year they've been installed...by me. I have the J&M rear LCAs and relocation brackets (at the beginning of Sept) and so far I have no complaints! I've been to the drag strip once with 17 passes and they seemed to work well with the MT DRs. Since last Feb, I've had the StangSuspension Series II lowering springs (1.75"/1.5") and love them as it keeps the rake of the car and allows for a tall/wide rear tire with no fitment problems!