new here (sorta)

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
Coming from the 5.0 forums.. had a 92 GT and traded it for my dads 98.. i love 5.0s and 4.6s alike, just needed a nicer DD lol If anyone could help me by giving me an idea of the most cheapest mods i can start with.. as well the most beneficial ones.. its just a stock automatic 98 GT.. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

lol well heres a pic.. camera phone btw..
9995c083.jpg

i'll probably throw in 3.73s since i see alot of highway.. but im going to go full out on suspension with some MM and steeda parts.. thanks

Attachments

• 9995c083.jpg
    9995c083.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 95
Free mod: Foglight Rewire

I had a 98 Auto GT, to make yours feel alive you can follow what i did. PI Swap, choose your own catback, a Diablo or SCT Tuner (for altering the shift firmness ONLY), and some gears higher than 3.55's. I had 3.73's and they wern't bad for daily driving on the highway but 4.10's would feel better

Ironman98GT said:
but im going to go full out on suspension with some MM and steeda parts.. thanks
Stick with one or the other, don't molest your suspension.

Ironman98GT said:
Coming from the 5.0 forums.. had a 92 GT and traded it for my dads 98.. i love 5.0s and 4.6s alike, just needed a nicer DD lol If anyone could help me by giving me an idea of the most cheapest mods i can start with.. as well the most beneficial ones.. its just a stock automatic 98 GT.. thanks
I would suggest a thorough cleaning and some exhaustive preventitive maintenance.

Change every fluid including brake and diff. Change plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and PCV valve. Clean MAF and IAC. Reset PCM.

Also, use 303 Aerospace Protectant on all the interior/exterior plastic, rubber, and vinyl. Also claybar and wax the paint plus put Rain-X on all the exterior glass.

Expect to spend about $500 for all this but it will be worth it.

Welcome to the board :nice:

Here is a good link, just read the whole site:
www.bulittarchive.com

thanks.. well the car was religously taken to a dealership every 3k miles.. still using the motorcraft oil, air filter, and all.. so i'm pretty sure its tuned up.. going to go check out some ultra flows today and weld them in hopefully