New hood, do I need to ride around before paint job?

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a cervini stalker hood, and i didn't drive around with it on, or cook, or bake, or weather, or anything.

It fits great, looks great, but I did notice that I can now see just a tad of some fiberglass fibers rising, kind of the fiberglass texture. It may be a good idea to weather it first. It isn't bad, and I'm sure i'm the only one that's ever noticed it. I have to look close, but I still notice it.

The thing is every glass hood is different.... even ones that come from the same manufacturer. It depends how fresh the part is out of the mold. That you will never know. I persoanlly would not take the chance on $500 in paint and body work. All it takes is a little bit of inconvenience. Better that then aggravated later.

Steeda has hoods.

lman657 said:
I've got a cervini stalker hood, and i didn't drive around with it on, or cook, or bake, or weather, or anything.

It fits great, looks great, but I did notice that I can now see just a tad of some fiberglass fibers rising, kind of the fiberglass texture. It may be a good idea to weather it first. It isn't bad, and I'm sure i'm the only one that's ever noticed it. I have to look close, but I still notice it.

BadMoFo said:
remember you get what you pay for, have never heard anything bad about cervini or steeda. I think it will be a toss up between those two when I replace this hood, most likely whoever cost less on shipping. one from fl one from nj, I am right in the middle in nc.
i know steeda has hoods...but they do not _make_ them.

the company that makes them their hoods, is called kaenen, they are based out of rockledge florida...fyi

Punisher512 said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Dont post bs unless you actually have some real experience.

:rlaugh: Your to funny....good one !!
Hey , Bevis or is it Butthead ?? This is what I was told by Cervini & Steeda.
I also checked with a few local body shop's .Everyone told me the same thing. A good shop will know what to do and do it properly.

Maybe I was told the wrong info , but that's why I checked at a few different place that do custom work . Another hood mfg. told me I could bake it myself just by stting it out in the sun for a few day's,and this was one of the mfg's were speaking about here.

So I'm not posting any bs , just what I was told since I'm about to do the same thing and also trying to reasearch paint for a new hood. Just take your Midol & chill !!