New intake?

My old GT40 next to my TFS-R. Like a knife at a gun fight lol.

DSCN0430.jpg

Not saying the right answer for everyone is the TFS-R and that GT40s should be melted down and turned into beer cans... The '40 has its place, and that's usually on mild 302s. But if you're serious about making power, aftermarket intakes are a leg up on the '40 no matter how you slice it.
lol size dont mean :poo:.. u aint moving the cfm then why have the biger intake??? bigger intake = bigger $$$$.... a BIG waste for combo that this thread is about..... hey Jared. you do what u want..but listening to these clowns will get you no where. but an empty wallet.

Attachments

• DSCN0430.jpg
    DSCN0430.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Sponsors (?)

Nothing against DuDnotch but reading one of his threads and those two comments I'm assuming he isn't liked much round here
not liked much cause i speak the truth. listen man.. you decide what u wanna do.. but half these clowns posting this crap brag about having 12sec cars. with 10sec parts.....

you wanna run 12s thats fine.. u can run high 10's with the intake you have. jus sayin.

im just trying to help you see the light. i tell you honestly..your combo is not the greatest.. you're intake is fine for what you have..no reason for spending money to buy something else... it's tough love. but seems honesty is something frowned upon now a days.

This is getting a little heavy fellas, lets keep it light. No need to start rolling up your shirt sleeves here.

DuDNoTcH.....your advice is appreciated, but you need to work on your tact. The name calling, the stand offish attitude, the sarcasm....gotta get a handle on it bro!

Consider this fair warning.

Reactions: 1 user
lol size dont mean ****.. u aint moving the cfm then why have the biger intake??? bigger intake = bigger $$$$.... a BIG waste for combo that this thread is about..... hey Jared. you do what u want..but listening to these clowns will get you no where. but an empty wallet.

I've got nothing to prove to you and I don't care to get involved in one of your dick-swinging pi ssing matches. My post was simply made to illustrate the significant difference between a GT40 lower and an aftermarket one.

this debate was about flow numbers. i already provided the info that all three intakes were in the same playing field. thanks for your chart. i was asking for ''FLOW #'' not dyno numbers.. i understand it got alittle out of hand. but seems sometimes u need someone to act like a dickhead to get a point across. no need for this guy jared hess to go out spend 500 bucks on a intake and pick up nothing over all.. not fair to him or anyone who doesn't know the difference and listens to this BS and goes out and spends the money..for what??...cause some EXPERT on the internet told him he would pick up hp?? 90% of everyone tellng this guy this BS all have EFI killers that run low 12's with 10 and 9sec parts in them... im sorry but i read some of these ppls profiles and its a joke. the truth hurts.. i am sorry if some of you cant handle it..seems the truth is an issue with society today... anyway like i said.. this debate comes down to.. no reason for a intake change. and there's no reason to listen to the guys making no HP.

lets debate this, just had a car on the dyno 306 tfs heads. had a gt40 and swapped to a professional products. with no other changes the car picked up 18 rwhp.
BTW, DuDNoTch your sure your a grudge racer and not some keyboard jockey? Everyone else on this board doesn't have a problem laying there combo out there, except YOU.

Reactions: 1 user
Jared, Nothing wrong with those heads either, just because they are a good deal doesn't mean they are not good. In testing with a tired stock 302 bottom end, procomp 190s and an x cam and a small nitrous hit, we made 445 rwhp, not to shabby if you ask me. We are putting those heads on a 351w in the next few weeks and are expecting to put a car in the 9's with them.
Back to your original question, in my opinion, even a professional products intake would be a step up, im not not crazy about that cobra intake.

Oh dudnotch is looking for a race but if you go after him he says how his HONDA friends will love to wash you up oh and the green car he SOLD so the white one is his new car blah blah blah blah blah

Jared, Nothing wrong with those heads either, just because they are a good deal doesn't mean they are not good. In testing with a tired stock 302 bottom end, procomp 190s and an x cam and a small nitrous hit, we made 445 rwhp, not to shabby if you ask me. We are putting those heads on a 351w in the next few weeks and are expecting to put a car in the 9's with them.
Back to your original question, in my opinion, even a professional products intake would be a step up, im not not crazy about that cobra intake.
how much is a little hit and were they as cast or cnc i was praying for 400 at the wheels but figured id be disapointed when i actually got it to a dyno

I'm pretty sure it was a 67 nitrous jet, like a 175 shot. They are the as cast heads by the way. We are going to put those same heads on a 351 and hit it with a 250 or so and see what they can do. The flow numbers out of the box are good. You should make 400 rwhp with a 150 easy. Let me know if you need help with the setup I can walk you through it.