New Mustang Owner

raw132002

Jul 29, 2004
I just bought my first mustang, an 88 5L HO Cobra. It has about 1k on a rebuilt engine, Roller Cams and lifters, K&N cold air intake, Custom headers and exhaust and a racing clutch. Just wondering what diection i should head to really get some serious horse power, Nitrous, supercharger? Suggestions plz.

• Sponsors (?)

Well if you have the money then get a turbo kit for it, I have seen some pretty sweet turbo setups and if you want to just cruse around then you can turn the boost down from the drivers seat. And they come in complete kits, injectors, computer, etc. Everything you need.
Check out this site
www.turbochargedpower.com

Canadian cars used to come with Cobra stickers on the back as a sales tactic..no diference from the GT at all. The only fox Cobra was the 93+years. First before you speak about adding serious power you need to know what kind of "roller cams" you have cause you only have one and the 88 HO's came stock with a roller cam, also curious why you would need custom headers because you didn't mention any odd heads so I am confused.Didn't mention wether your car has been converted to mass air or not possible you should look into that before you continue to mod. To be very honest it sounds to me like you have been fed a few lines by the previous owner to make the car sound more attractive to you. Not trying to be an A** just my .02 $

Personally I would go with a Kenne Bell. They are not too expensive if you consider the fact that you dont have to buy any intakes in the future, they are fairly easy to install and they have GREAT power curves and HP numbers.

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to drag race I think you should do something that almost none of us has done- only buy the basics and get that car to run hard almost stock. CleanLX goes 13.0 (or close) almost stock. I would very much like to build a stock car with nothing but suspension and a baby nitrous kit. I bet you could put an almost stock car into the 11's with gears,exhaust, suspenson, and a 100hp of nitrous....with a 5 speed. Save some money and enjoy working on the car. Heck, I should take my own advice.

i always forget about those canadians! did the canadian gt come with cobra emblems on the side and everything? or just that sticker on the hatch? no rear bumber, etc?