New Old Guy!

Raven1046

May 22, 2011
Kathleen, GA
Just wanted to hop in an say hey. I have a 1965 Mustang in pieces in my garage. Car was my first...had an inline six (guess my dad was hoping I wouldn't get killed in it) and was an automatic. I rebuilt the car (body work etc) and went in the military. Went around the world and came back to get it, some 5 years later. The garage it was in had starting leaking...and the car was so rusty it wouldn't even roll. After taking a sledge to the hubs, I brought it home with me and got it running again. Drove it once around the block and brought it back home, took the engine out, tranny out, and started the hot rod fest. I have a 351W in it right now with mustang II suspension, Tremec 5 speed, 9 inch ford with detroit soft locker, cal tracs, disc brake conversion, BBK headers, dynomax exhaust, etc. I currently have one side qtrs off replacing those, but the more I dig the more rust I find. Trying to figure out how to replace stuff without losing the shape of the car on the way. Currently I am in Iraq, trying to "mentally" work the project before I get home and lay hands on it. Looking forward to chatting!

• Sponsors (?)