New parts car

rd

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2000
Ocean Springs MS
Went to look at a parts car Saturday and came home with a black 93 5.0 notch, 5 speed. Last owner got about halfway to engine removal and quit. A fool with money and a trailer usually wins, I guess?

No idea if it runs.

I plan to use the 5 spd in my 79 asap, and the ac brackets.

It came with a 4 lug disc brake rear with liftbars on it. Is this most likely a Turbo Coupe unit? No tag, any guesses as to the ratio?

I am hoping all I need is a 157 tooth, 28 oz flywheel and a matching starter to put it in my carbed 79. Any suggestions?

The body is decent and it has a title, so maybe later I will set it back up.

• Sponsors (?)

It must have been someone's drag project. *Has the disc rear, but it does'nt look like the* prop valve was changed. It has the southside lift bars, a poly trans mount,* flows, headers of some sort,* aftermarket springs (bright blue), and something that looks like a 95 rear wing on it.* And ugly hood pins ruining my hood. I already have my 82 hatch as my drag toy. The irony is, that when I was looking for a body, I could not find a notch anywhere.* Now, notches are all over the place,* like the $500 four banger I have for my daughter.* This 93 may be a body parts donor for that one also.* The most likely incarnation for the 93 as a car project is as a turbo four conversion, since I have that stuff laying around also.