New Purchase, why the car sits!

I'm glad you think so. At least I contribute to the technical side of SN and answer peoples car questions to help them out.

The newb in this thread is actually why I haven't logged into SN in a long time. I came on here and saw how many newbs there are making pointless comments and pointless threads that get locked. I have never seen so many threads with the "red dot" on them.
alright alright, everyone has said their part lets not ruin 25th's thread any further with all of this

• Sponsors (?)

I'm glad you think so. At least I contribute to the technical side of SN and answer peoples car questions to help them out.

The newb in this thread is actually why I haven't logged into SN in a long time. I came on here and saw how many newbs there are making pointless comments and pointless threads that get locked. I have never seen so many threads with the "red dot" on them.
There are always going to be noobs. We deal with them accordingly.

alright alright, everyone has said their part lets not ruin 25th's thread any further with all of this
+1

I agree. I like Brian, he's called me for parts before, he's a great member. I had something nice to say about the house and I said it. I just think some members should not post at all. Makes me mad when someone posts up something their proud of and people wanna knock it down....jealous I guess.

Eh no worries about the thread... it is still on topic :D.

As for buying a house cash, I only know maybe two or three people who did so and all were well over 30-35 and all had saved every dime since they started working. I personally have not. I went to college, bought and sold cars, boats etc... The house I am aquiring the same way everyone else seems to. Putting money down, and paying it off every month. Not the most "baller" way to purchase a house, but I am going to assume the average way of doing so. I guess there is no extra pride in being average, but hey, there is pride in home owner ship! At least I will know shortly.

This are of CT is perfect. Right in the center of the state, less than 30 mins from two major cities. Can't beat that. The street is a small dead end neighborhood in the nice area of town. Hard to beat it.

The taxes are high, but the home is taxed on 3044 S.F.

Justin, No worries on Atco, father just bought a Thunderbird Super Coupe for a project and won't be looking to spend a ton of money right now, lol. As for visiting the house, I'm sure once we get settled we would be down for it. Then have to have you guys up this way in the spring/summer time. The deck on this house is awesome! :D

Thanks for sticking up for me. I too avoid this site from time to time due to some of the people who post. Either way, everyone has an opinion. If they think me buying a house is dumb because I didn't have 300K to drop down in cash... oh well I am happy they do have that kind of money!

Eh no worries about the thread... it is still on topic :D.

As for buying a house cash, I only know maybe two or three people who did so and all were well over 30-35 and all had saved every dime since they started working. I personally have not. I went to college, bought and sold cars, boats etc... The house I am aquiring the same way everyone else seems to. Putting money down, and paying it off every month. Not the most "baller" way to purchase a house, but I am going to assume the average way of doing so. I guess there is no extra pride in being average, but hey, there is pride in home owner ship! At least I will know shortly.

This are of CT is perfect. Right in the center of the state, less than 30 mins from two major cities. Can't beat that. The street is a small dead end neighborhood in the nice area of town. Hard to beat it.

The taxes are high, but the home is taxed on 3044 S.F.

Justin, No worries on Atco, father just bought a Thunderbird Super Coupe for a project and won't be looking to spend a ton of money right now, lol. As for visiting the house, I'm sure once we get settled we would be down for it. Then have to have you guys up this way in the spring/summer time. The deck on this house is awesome! :D

Thanks for sticking up for me. I too avoid this site from time to time due to some of the people who post. Either way, everyone has an opinion. If they think me buying a house is dumb because I didn't have 300K to drop down in cash... oh well I am happy they do have that kind of money!

Yeah dude, your house is badass. It's huge, looks newer and has awesome features. Like you said, I know people who have paid cash for their homes too, but they were shacks, HUD homes, or foreclosed homes, 10K-50K, not anything like what you bought. Congrats again!:hail2:

I agree. I like Brian, he's called me for parts before, he's a great member. I had something nice to say about the house and I said it. I just think some members should not post at all. Makes me mad when someone posts up something their proud of and people wanna knock it down....jealous I guess.

i know exactly how you feel, ive had a few people post stuff like that in my build thread, its easiest to use the ignore feature

Yeah dude, your house is badass. It's huge, looks newer and has awesome features. Like you said, I know people who have paid cash for their homes too, but they were shacks, HUD homes, or foreclosed homes, 10K-50K, not anything like what you bought. Congrats again!:hail2:

i think its an awesome home as well, if i ever do get a house (dont plan on it cause i'd rather live in a large warehouse) it would look very much like yours, and IMO i think its stupid to drop a huge some of cash outright on a home

i know exactly how you feel, ive had a few people post stuff like that in my build thread, its easiest to use the ignore feature

Yeah, my 1st Hack Job progress thread got hijacked, then closed because of haters, then the 2nd one that Frankenstang merged for me ended up being lke 25 pages long...people loved it. haha

i think its an awesome home as well, if i ever do get a house (dont plan on it cause i'd rather live in a large warehouse) it would look very much like yours, and IMO i think its stupid to drop a huge some of cash outright on a home

Warehouse? Care to explain? Like a loft type thing?:shrug:

And yeah, unless you have endless funds dropping a huge amount to just pay for it would be stupid. If you have only enough to pay for the house it is stupid to pay for it and leave yourself with nothing left over. "Experts" say you need about 3 months of bills saved up as a cushion....I don't believe that. I think you should have a lot more than that as a cushion. Especially if you have a family. Never know when a kid or two will get sick, or the mom/dad gets laid off. Horrible to think about, but it happens. Brian did it right, just like the rest of us. Get a mortgage, that's why we have banks.

Yeah, my 1st Hack Job progress thread got hijacked, then closed because of haters, then the 2nd one that Frankenstang merged for me ended up being lke 25 pages long...people loved it. haha

Warehouse? Care to explain? Like a loft type thing?:shrug:

And yeah, unless you have endless funds dropping a huge amount to just pay for it would be stupid. If you have only enough to pay for the house it is stupid to pay for it and leave yourself with nothing left over. "Experts" say you need about 3 months of bills saved up as a cushion....I don't believe that. I think you should have a lot more than that as a cushion. Especially if you have a family. Never know when a kid or two will get sick, or the mom/dad gets laid off. Horrible to think about, but it happens. Brian did it right, just like the rest of us. Get a mortgage, that's why we have banks.

right now im in the process of buying/leasing an industrial warehouse and converting the office and break room space into the living area and the shop/warehouse part of it into a workshop for my cars/bike/trucks/jetski's/guns and whatever else needs to be worked on or built, i spend more time in my garage and shop than actually in my home, so its always been a dream to live in a secluded industial complex and sleeping in the same build as my toys, and that way i wont irritate people by being loud when i do use my toys, plus for the price of a home/apartment rent i get 5 times the space apartments here for 1000sqf are like 2k a month, for that i can get a 5000sqf shop space waaaay away from neighbors and people

Could you imagine what it would do to our economy if everyone had to sit at home with Mom and Dad in order to save up to buy instead of getting a mortgage? NO ONE WOULD BE BUYING! It would kill the housing markets and it would probably put alot of banks and construction companies in the poor house. :shrug:

I could have stayed home, saved and bought outright, but why wait the ten years that would take? Not to mention financing the house we aren't putting all of our cash down, keeping some in the bank for those rainy days... In my area a typical house (1600-2200 SF on half acre or so) will be $225-300K without question. I don't see a lot of people with that money sitting in the bank.

I think getting a mortgage is pretty standard in the real world?

The idea of looking for a house with less SF/land and more garage space crossed my mind, but in the end I only see me with one car, and an over sized 2 car garage is plenty of space to work on it. I don't care that my truck sits outside either. My plan is to live in this house for a LONG time. If things work out right I will most likely build my next house, seeing as I went to school for Architecture and have been in the engineering end of it for a couple years now. When that time comes the huge garage will make its way into the picture. :D

Could you imagine what it would do to our economy if everyone had to sit at home with Mom and Dad in order to save up to buy instead of getting a mortgage? NO ONE WOULD BE BUYING! It would kill the housing markets and it would probably put alot of banks and construction companies in the poor house. :shrug:

This is my last post. This was not ment to disrupt his thread.

You are looking at it in the wrong way. The end all be all is that people are spending more money then they have. Its common sense. People on here said it themselves. Everybody has a house or car loan. And people wonder why the dollar is worth nothing. Because any fool can take out a loan for a car or house. Can you imagine if there wasn't a loan to be had? The dollar would be actually worth something. It would drop prices on everything. Prices on goods and services would be more realistic. Just stop and think about it. The less loans the better. The dollars value would rise and prices would drop. All those people who lived off borrowed money would have nothing, as they should. Loans are a BAD thing.

You are looking at it in the wrong way. The end all be all is that people are spending more money then they have. Its common sense. People on here said it themselves. Everybody has a house or car loan. And people wonder why the dollar is worth nothing. Because any fool can take out a loan for a car or house. Can you imagine if there wasn't a loan to be had? The dollar would be actually worth something. It would drop prices on everything. Prices on goods and services would be more realistic. Just stop and think about it. The less loans the better. The dollars value would rise and prices would drop. All those people who lived off borrowed money would have nothing, as they should. Loans are a BAD thing.

:nonono:

There is no way that'll happen. No one wants to live with mommy and daddy long enough to save enough to buy a house outright. Nobody's parents WANT them to live with them that long. Not many people can afford to rent an apartment AND save that much. Your still being unrealistic. :shrug:

The worlds ecconomy is based on credit. WTF!?
Every nation oweing other nations cash and charging interest. If it wasnt for the practice of loaning/borrowing money their would be many small countries that would not exist any more. Borrowing to buy something has gone on since the invention of money ya communist. Its wasnt the lending and borrowing that cuses issues its the loaning of money to high risk people or loaning more then the person can pay that is the problem.

When the bank did a loan for my aunt 10 years ago with a $2200 per month payment and she made $1800 per month, well thats stupid and an issue. But if you are making $6000 a month and only have a $500 car payment to go with it then its a sound decision.
The world would come to a screaching halt if credit was just stopped. Sure the top 4% would be fine but the rest of the world would suffer. We all cant be born with a silver spoon in our mouth and to provide for our families and have a roof over our head the rest of us need to borrow to do it.

Bank loans are not the only reason the American dollar is falling. Every country has credit and most are seeing an increase in value so your reasoning is dumb.

Now granted I am broke but own my house and car outright and have zero debt but I am a big minotity in that respect. If I could afford the payments I would gladly sell off my house and buy one 4 times its size. Thats what the problem was, people did that because they could cause the banks said yes. Now we are paying the price for allot of others stupidity.
At least the banks learned something and are now making sure if they give you a loan YOU CAN ACTUALLY PAY FOR IT!

I could have stayed home, saved and bought outright, but why wait the ten years that would take? Not to mention financing the house we aren't putting all of our cash down, keeping some in the bank for those rainy days... In my area a typical house (1600-2200 SF on half acre or so) will be $225-300K without question. I don't see a lot of people with that money sitting in the bank.

I think getting a mortgage is pretty standard in the real world?

The idea of looking for a house with less SF/land and more garage space crossed my mind, but in the end I only see me with one car, and an over sized 2 car garage is plenty of space to work on it. I don't care that my truck sits outside either. My plan is to live in this house for a LONG time. If things work out right I will most likely build my next house, seeing as I went to school for Architecture and have been in the engineering end of it for a couple years now. When that time comes the huge garage will make its way into the picture. :D

When i'm ready to do additions and things on the exterior of my home, would you be able to design/draw up the plans? If so you're hired dude and we'll chat next time i see you. You won't be in jersey at all in the fall will you?

Everyone takes out loans... I own a 27' boat, an F250 and a Mustang outright, no payments. My GF owns her Mercedes outright... Not sure if you assume we cannot afford the loan, but if thats the case... jump to conclusions much?

Justin, let me know I would do that for you. I could toss something together and go over it and make it what you want.

BTW if the mortgage goes through the way it is now, they are checking our ability to pay the mortgage... seperately. Meaning I have to qualify for the full amount, and the GF does as well... Yikes! LOL

listen there bud, this WAS the problem with our banking system, now the banks are actually watching who gets a mortgage(or any loan for that matter), and not giving a nanny that makes 35k a year a loan for a 450k dollar house. This goes beyond opinions here... your just straight up wrong

Well I think that is something he should be very proud of. That is a very nice house, and to sit down at the end of the day after a long day of work knowing you will own it outright one day is a very good feeling. Just about everybody has to take a loan to buy a house.lol I dont know this guy but it clearly looks like hes made the right choices at a young age to put himself in the position he is in. I thought it was kind of rude to rain on his parade like that, although he handled it very well. Theres always one hater in the bunch. Congrats on the house man