New to Stangnet.

NobleHdwe

Jan 19, 2008
Oklahoma
Hey everyone I'm a newbie. Just bought my first Mustang. It's a 03 GT Redfire w/dk charcoal leather interior, chrome Bullitts, and the all important 5sp. It's a blast to drive not to mention it only has 29K miles. I look forward to having some fun and doing some mild modifications to it.:D :nice: It's my wife's daily driver.

John

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I hope to get some great information from you guys. This looks like a great site. I also have a 89 IROC and I get on Thirdgen.org, and they have a lot of info there on Camaros. This website looks like it is ran just as well, and has a lot of good info.

Soon it will be retired from wifes DD to your toy after you start playing with it and realize how great these cars are with some simple mods :nice:

Welcome to the site, you will find some really great people on here :)
I really like how Stangers really help other Stangers out when they are down :nice:

Welcome to :SNSign: and we do need pics! You are going to love this site too. The least amount of BS of all teh forums I have used. These guys have been a great help to me and I will never stop coming here. Even now I am stangless wich makes me sad, but I can't stay away!

Welcome, lets start you off on the right foot. You said you want simple mods. I would suggest gears, tune and exhaust. She will fell like a different car just with those mods. Anyways again welcome to :SNSign:

Thanks for all the welcomes. I know I need to get pics, but right after we bought it we had the windows tinted, and I wanted to wait until after that to take some pics. Then it turned off COLD, and rainy. So now maybe this weekend.

As far as the mods go I changed the oil in it the other day, and realized it has Flowmasters, with an H pipe already in it. I am looking at putting a cold air filter kit in it, just not sure which one to choose from yet. Also have to get new tires pretty soon.

My wife is having a blast with it too. I'm so lucky to be married to a woman that loves muscle and horsepower as much as me!!!!!!:nice:

FYI cold air intakes spruce up the engine bay really nice but dont really add any hp unless you get a JLT or WMS or Anderson Power Pipe and all of thoes are fairly expensive for a 2 horse gain, JMO. On that note i still want one. Gears will really wake the car up, here is a site that will let you know if you have gears. Just enter your rpm at a speed and what gear you are in and tire size then it will show axle gear. http://www.corral.net/tech/gearcalc.html You should also get a tuner like SCT because with thoes mods a tune will safen out your A/F and give some more power. You said it has a H-pipe, does the pipe have cats? If not, look at the rear MIL eliminator on them (little inline plug between the sensor and harness. If the car has an O/R H-pipe and NO MIL eliminators and the Check engine light is not on then the car already has a custome tune and they didnt give you the programmer. Hope it helps :nice:

It still has the cats on it and the o2s. I think the only mod is the cat back exhaust. I'll check the gears, but I'm pretty sure they are probably stock. What were the gears that came stock in the 5sp GT's in 03? Thanks a lot for the info. The cold air intake was pretty much just for looks. I really like the ones that use the stainless/chromed piping.