New track times

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
Went up to MIR in MD for a few hours for opening weekend. My best ET was a 13.93 @ 102mph, which makes it my new best. The bad thing about it though was I ran it with a 2.2 60'. My last 13.9 was with a 1.9 60'. I should have been able to get 13.6-13.7's out of it, but I kept messing up with the clutch off the line. Runs consistant 13.9's now though since the MIL's and shifter. All mods listed in sig.

I'm going to a local 1/8 mile track tomorrow that doesnt get too crowded. I should be able to get a run in roughly every 15mins if I wanted to. Today I had to wait like an hour. Provided I can get that 60' down a few tenths, its a 13.6 - 13.7 car.

Anyone have any tips for getting the best 60' on stock suspension and street radials?

• Sponsors (?)

I know, but I know theres a couple tenths more left in her. Just couldnt get it to hook up. I wasnt even dumping it off the line, but as soon as I got into it, It'd just spin. Maybe it had to do with it being the first day the track was open this season?

Cold track most likely. How many others were there running? What kind of cars? What was the ambient temp? I like going to Atco on a cool night after there's been a good deal of other cars "prepping" the track for me so I know I'll have good traction.
I guess it's almost time to go down and get some idea of what mine will do.

Cold track most likely. How many others were there running? What kind of cars? What was the ambient temp? I like going to Atco on a cool night after there's been a good deal of other cars "prepping" the track for me so I know I'll have good traction.
I guess it's almost time to go down and get some idea of what mine will do.

It was a test and tune session...actually it was their opening day for the season. Temp was low 60's and a little windy. I'll just have to go in the summer at a night event and see why I can pull off then.

Just got back from a local 1/8 mile track and couldnt hook up to save my life. My best et was a 9.1. One of my runs I broke loose so bad going into second I had to let off just to save from running into the guardrail and ended up with a 11.xx et. Overall the day there was terrible. Kinda obvious the track wasnt prepped at all, in the 40's temp wise. One thing that makes me feel better though was that I ran the same time as a guy with 4.10's and 275's + in the rear. I just need to hook up, stock size street radials just arent cutting it.