NEW UPDATE ON THE PI ADAPTER PLATES

kid rock

Jan 24, 2006
THE 51ST STATE!!
Guys,

Right after a few weeks testing (and me having to change my plugs and leads before being able to drive car)

i can report ive had no problem with the adapter plates all is working fine!

Now with the Livernois (mega expense plates) i know that the insides of the ports are angled to allow a smooth flow from PI intake to N-PI heads, mine how ever are not! theyare straight so there is still a ledge for the air to hit!

much like the other deisgns i have seen out there!

would this ledge be a problem for people? ( out of choice not cos they cause a problem, they dont)

and if not how much would you spend on a pair?

please also note this is high quality 5mm marine grade stainless steel!

let me know guys/gals:nice:

Si

• Sponsors (?)

yes with the adapter plates you have to use both gaskets. I'm going to do it right this time... I have the plates in my tool box at work.. and I have the intake and both sets of gaskets in the mail...

There is another company offering their plates for $90 to convert NPI to PI. I might end up going this route if I will ever stop delaying things and buy the parts.

I have the PI cams + parts for them, though they still aren't installed.

hmm well i dont know what stainless they are using OR what the price is out there for the same stainless steel but theese cost £30 pounds a set to make thats about $55 before shipping! if you guys can get them for 90 bucks then i might not even bother,

and for all 4 gaskets only cost me like 40 odd bucks from randy, id rather do it with the plates than with RTV

Si

If you don't blend the ports to match then I don't see the point in installing them. The whole reason in putting the plates on is to smooth the transition between the NPI heads and the PI intake. If you still have the blockage the it doesn't serve much purpose.

with the adapter plates can one still use the stock hood and strut bar?
Fits under the hood fine.

With the plates and the Trickflow Plenum I have a problem getting the air intake tube to the throttle body under the strut tower brace. I have to force it under the STB and clamp it down. The aftermarket Mac air intake piece is out of the question on mine since it is in such a bind it pops loose under load. If I was able to extend the rubber coupling a bit it may work but I haven't really tried. I'd have to find the replacement rubber and cut it to fit.

The Livernois plates are pretty thick. That is why they offer a whole kit with the intake manifold and shave the manifold a bit so that it fits under the hood.