Newbie Question

Brian5934

Nov 15, 2011
Abilene TX
I have a set of cams for my 04 GT I have been told it is a good idea to upgrade heads with cams to receive max power from cams along with an intake manifold. I know the 04 GT's come with PI heads is there any reason I should buy different heads to receive more power or would it be better to port and polish? If I should get new heads what should I be looking for on a new set of heads as far as specs?

• Sponsors (?)

Cams alone will yield some good power with stock heads (depending on their specs). Many 2V cars with stage 2 cams and stock heads will out out around 290rwhp. If you have the money to buy heads at the same time then obviously you will see a more significant gain.

What kind of cams do you have?

They are a custom grind from Bullet Cams. I got them form a friend and am currently figuring out the lift to know what springs to get. Intake: Hieght-2.200" Width-1.900" Exhaust: Hieght-2.175" Width-1.995" I am trying to figure out the rocker ratio for the car anyone know what that might be on a stock 04 GT????

I called bullet and they said the numbers have been changed that those numbers now on the cams are not originals.... I spoke with the Ford dealership in town trying to get the rocker ratio and their best mechanic said it should be 1.73:1 I think I am going to send the cams to a cam doctor to be precise.