next car? pics inside

• Sponsors (?)

those are not my cup of tea either. $8K seems too steep to me too, but i'm not an expert on those 2.3L turbos. if you like it, have $8K extra lieing around, and the price doesn't seem too high, then go for it.

i like them,and the 86's are the best year for the svo's....i would really love to find one of those for a project car....i like being different and the svo's are pretty rare.....they have pretty decent power,and they handle like a dream...

donjohn said:
i'm w/ the rest of these guys. not my favorite partly because it's a 2.3l turbo, but it's getting rarer and in good condition... so go for it if you got the dough

i wouldn't take it over the hardtop/vert though, never
basically i'm tryin to get out of a vert, i can't stand it and i'm not willing to destroy the car by welding in roll cage, sub frame connectors to improve the chassis. i was originally looking at another 5.0 but came across this and thought it would be pretty cool. although i agree that the price, while in the range i am looking, seems a bit steep. i also found a curb weight spec of 3100 and think that may be a bit false as i thought the 5.0 foxes were even less than that. can anybody share any stories of local svo/turbocoupes making good power?

bimmertech said:
basically i'm tryin to get out of a vert, i can't stand it and i'm not willing to destroy the car by welding in roll cage, sub frame connectors to improve the chassis. i was originally looking at another 5.0 but came across this and thought it would be pretty cool. although i agree that the price, while in the range i am looking, seems a bit steep. i also found a curb weight spec of 3100 and think that may be a bit false as i thought the 5.0 foxes were even less than that. can anybody share any stories of local svo/turbocoupes making good power?
the 5.0 notch, 5spd, stripped of all power options weighs about 3150.

Some guy on the way to work has a Black one of those...I noticed it about 5 yrs ago...Its sits uncovered all Summer, under a tree no less.. :nonono: Then come Winter he throws a cover on it...Same deal every year...kinda sad actually since their so rare....Its like the guy doesn't have the scratch to fix it, but can't let it go...I'm sure the bottoms rusted right out of it....
I often thought it would be a nice project to have it and put a 5 liter in it...I kinda like them myself..Some day Im gonna drop by and get the skinny on it...

8K seems fair for what it is and the shape seems good to boot...looks pretty original and clean...

xr8d302 said:
Either way, it's a rare car. If all the numbers are matching, I'd buy it, and not drive it alot, keep the miles low and sell it to an avid collector in 8 years

I'm with xr8d. I would only get it for the investment. It is a rare car and should not be modified from original IMHO.