No More 5.0....

saxman9801

Jan 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
Well i traded my 95 off today, it was getting old and had some issues starting to appear with it, i drove home a 2002 GT with only 7K miles on it as it's replacement, I will miss the 95 but the 02 should bring my years of joy. Dan

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on your new purchase, at least you stayed w/ Mustangs. Im sure someone will buy your 95 and fix your motor problems by dropping in a nice stroker motor :D . What issues were you having with it anyway??

Striped5.0 said:
Congrats on your new purchase, at least you stayed w/ Mustangs. Im sure someone will buy your 95 and fix your motor problems by dropping in a nice stroker motor :D

:rlaugh:

My brother is selling his 2003 GT b/c it's more cost-effecient to get to 600-700rwhp w/ a 87-95.

The aftermarket is starting to get better for the 4.6L. But you are still stuck with production cylinder heads (another lemma w/ honda's too). The patriot heads (PI heads w/ different stages of porting) seem to be putting down some good numbers.

Just make sure you see real world dyno's with the bolt-on parts, not ones in magazines. Their exaggeration knows no bounds.
Scott

The 95 was a good car, And yes the 5.0 can get more power for alot cheaper, i did not buy either one for a race car, i drive it every day to work, so not having to work on one weekly basis is also very nice, I'v got a really rare dodge power wagon panel truck with a built 383 that is my project/winter vechicle. The top on my 95 was starting to fall apart, it was leaking a bit o oil out the rear main, and needed shocks and struts just as some basics, and had 111K miles on it, i have a lower payment now and a car with only 7K miles so overall i am happy with the choice. Dan

As soon as you park it in the driveway, lift the heads off of it and send them out to be ported. Put a 4.56 gear in it. When the heads come back, set up some huge cams in them and put it back together. I've always thought a 4.6 with a lopey idle is cool... :D

Joe

I went to a used car dealer and nearly did the same thing....traded my 94 for an 01 (black on black leather, mach stereo) GT that was sooooooo clean. Only 11k miles and a 5 speed. I wanted the damn thing so bad but I just couldnt do it since my 94 was paid off and I just didnt want the payments. But I can understand why you did it cause at the time my car was full of little B.S. problems that can become very frustrating to say the least. Congrats man!

VibrantRedGT said:
Ok, now beat it!
Well S H I T guess i'll go chill in the 4.6 forum :lol:
One thing is for certain you all are much more personable on this forum then the others it seems. I got just under 5 for the 95 which i though was very fair it still looked good but had high miles. and yes the little things are then ones that i don't enjoy messing with nor have the time to just want to turn the key and go. Later Dan

302fordracer said:
02s are nice post some pics indeed....and once you slap exhaust on their post some sounds I wanna hear this thing....IMO 5.0s sound better though
I will snap some pics when i get a chance and yes it needs some rumbling tones from the pipes, my 5.0 sounded mean, my bro's 331 with big ass cam shakes the ground, and my 4.6 has that quick winding sound, my mom's 96 4.6 with flows sounded badass though i will say. Time and money shall tell.

jtkz13 said:
IMO the 96-04's are not worth the $$$ if yours is still running decently. I will test drive a 05 when they are out, but no way I'll buy one. For the amount of $$ you'll put into payments you could have gotten your 95 to be a killer. :shrug:
I won't argue there, but i was still making payments on the 95, and really am not into making a race car, i just drive the thing so the newer creature comforts in the 02 are quite I will probally try to find another 94-95 someday as a project car, just have to wait and see. Dan

quick pic

Here is a very quick pic from my phone camera while the new 02 was getting it's first bath. Later Dan
02_wet.jpg