No Warm Air

98E9GT

Dec 16, 2007
My car was making warm air last night. A guy from the body shop pulled it out of the shop for me. Let it sit and idle while we go inside and finish some paperwork. When i got it in it was warm and all night that night it was making warm air. Now 24 hours later, i had to drop off something for my girlfriend, and it was not making any warm air, it was friggin cold. The temp needle was in its normal position too right in the middle, still no heat. I just put in a new thermostat maybe 6 months ago.

• Sponsors (?)

My car was making warm air last night. A guy from the body shop pulled it out of the shop for me. Let it sit and idle while we go inside and finish some paperwork. When i got it in it was warm and all night that night it was making warm air. Now 24 hours later, i had to drop off something for my girlfriend, and it was not making any warm air, it was friggin cold. The temp needle was in its normal position too right in the middle, still no heat. I just put in a new thermostat maybe 6 months ago.

Check your water level. I know you replaced the thermo 6 montha ago, but it still could be stuck open. Also there's 2 vacuum hoses the control the temp control check those too.

I boiled the tstat and its working fine. I checked around the motor and couldnt find any bad hoses, just 2 that were getting a bit weather but they have been like that for a while now. If you could post a pic pointing out to the hoses that i need to look at that would be wonderful. Also when i change my temp setting fast from cold to hot and back it makes a popping like sound. More like a pop/thud sound like a rock or something hit underneath the car. Its zero degree's out today plus whatever the windchill is, so MORE HELP WOULD BE AMAZING PLEASE!

heater help

I boiled the tstat and its working fine. I checked around the motor and couldnt find any bad hoses, just 2 that were getting a bit weather but they have been like that for a while now. If you could post a pic pointing out to the hoses that i need to look at that would be wonderful. Also when i change my temp setting fast from cold to hot and back it makes a popping like sound. More like a pop/thud sound like a rock or something hit underneath the car. Its zero degree's out today plus whatever the windchill is, so MORE HELP WOULD BE AMAZING PLEASE!

sounds like the door is stuck open....Item Part Number Description
1 18A318 Vacuum control motor, panel/defrost door
2 18A478 Panel/defrost door (full vacuum position)
3 — Defrost airflow
4 — Side window demister airflow
5 18B545 Temperature blend door (full heat position)
6 19860 A/C evaporator core
7 19A813 Air inlet door (full vacuum position)
8 — Outside air inlet
9 18A318 Vacuum control motor—air inlet door
10 — Recirculated air inlet
11 19805 Blower motor
12 — Vacuum from the engine intake manifold
13 19A563 A/C vacuum check valve
14 19A566 A/C vacuum reservoir tank and bracket
15 19B888 A/C-heater function selector switch
16 18476 Heater core
17 18A559 Panel/floor door (full vacuum position)
18 — Floor airflow
19 18A318 Vacuum control motor—floor/panel door
20 — Panel vent airflow

Quick fix for the no-warm-air problem.
Necessary parts: 10 dollars spent on the Taco Bell value menu, loose fitting sweat pants
Step 1: pick wisely from the Taco Bell value menu
Step 2: roll up windows, turn off air/vents
Step 3: wait roughly 10-15 minutes for Taco-Bell to hit large intestine
Step 4: relax colon: this is will speed up the self heating sequence
Step 5: enjoy warmth, without having to turn on your heater and suck power away from the engine.

I meant vac lines not hoses

heat

i meant vac lines too! :D

I beleive its the blend door tho, and i think ihave to yank the dash out to fix it.

all the vacuum lines hook to doors to move air up or down...the center knob for temerture ia cable operated.. here are the steps i will try to send pics they have 1 on every step...doesnt loSECTION 412-04: Control Components 2003 Mustang Workshop Manual
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION Procedure revision date: 03/18/2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Control Assembly Printable View (134 KB)

Special Tool(s) Remover, Heater Control Cable Retainer
412-088 (T94P-18532-A)

Removal

Remove the center instrument panel register. For additional information, refer to Section 412-01 .
Remove the screws.

Disconnect the connectors.

Using the special tool, disconnect the temperature control cable from the control head.

Remove the nuts and disconnect the vacuum connector.

Installation

Align the blend door driver to the full heat position.

Place the temperature control knob in the full WARM position.

Attach the cable drive to the control head.

Rotate the knob back and forth from full WARM to full COOL.

Check the cable control for correct range of movement.

Connect the electrical connectors.

Install the vacuum connector and nuts.

Install the control head.

Install the center instrument panel register. For additional information, refer to Section 412-01 .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok hard only a couple of pieces

Thanks cobra your the man! I was on my way home from work this evening and i cant believe it. HOT air was coming out! So im not going to touch it until something bad happens again!

hot heat now

Thanks cobra your the man! I was on my way home from work this evening and i cant believe it. HOT air was coming out! So im not going to touch it until something bad happens again!

glad to hear you warmed up..was trying to send more pics,,does stangnet have pc for dummys 101??????? lol ..thanks for reply back