Not happy with 5.0Resto

SaltWaterFish

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2002
Cedar Rapids, IA
I ordered some rad hoses and other small parts last Saturday. Got an email from them saying my parts were shipped and will be here on the 19th.

Got home and opened the box to find only hose clamps, water pump gasket, and a bypass hose!!:mad: I look at the packing list and find out that all the rad hoses are on backorder!!:mad: :mad: I did not get an email telling me that some of the parts were backordered nor did the packing list give me an estimated time of arival!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I had everything set to get this project done this weekend. I was going to replace the water pump, all new coolant hoses, coolant sensor, air temp sensor, and put on Andy's pullies. Now I have to call or email Resto and ask WTF!!!!

If they could have at LEAST sent an email that said my backorder parts will be here in X amount of days or weeks I would have been just fine with that. Not a problem. Now I have no clue. Like my wife says "Damm they to H@#*"

• Sponsors (?)

i think everyone her has delt with **** like that, at one time or another.
i think it's shady when a company takes your order and does not notify the customer, WHILE they're placing the order, that the parts are on back order. they figure we have their money, they can wait. i can't stand that garbage.
i would return what was sent, cancel the order, get your money back and go else where.

and if they try that 20% re-shelving fee bull shyte. (on clamps).
we as a mustang communtiy and consumer, should get together, voice our intent of not buying from them. when they do a fellow enthusiest wrong, action is need.
lately i've been seeing a buch of garbage like this, on other stang sites. and after going through it myself, it has to change.

email them a link to this thread. let them know that bad customer service will hurt them in the end.

later
joe

SaltWaterFish said:
I ordered some rad hoses and other small parts last Saturday. Got an email from them saying my parts were shipped and will be here on the 19th.

Got home and opened the box to find only hose clamps, water pump gasket, and a bypass hose!!:mad: I look at the packing list and find out that all the rad hoses are on backorder!!:mad: :mad: I did not get an email telling me that some of the parts were backordered nor did the packing list give me an estimated time of arival!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I had everything set to get this project done this weekend. I was going to replace the water pump, all new coolant hoses, coolant sensor, air temp sensor, and put on Andy's pullies. Now I have to call or email Resto and ask WTF!!!!

If they could have at LEAST sent an email that said my backorder parts will be here in X amount of days or weeks I would have been just fine with that. Not a problem. Now I have no clue. Like my wife says "Damm they to H@#*"
They did the same crap to me to! :notnice:

BDAWK2002 said:
They did the same crap to me to! :notnice:

Make that 2. Whenever I order from 50resto, I call to check stock if it is something I am planning on installing on a set time limit. Crap like weatherstripping, panels, etc., don't really care when I get it so if they're out of stock it doesn't screw up my schedule it just makes me mad they don't let me know. Good luck and find out how long until they get the hoses in. I have waited 2 months on them before. :mad:

Summit did something similar to me earlier this year. They shipped my suspension components in 2 boxes. One arrived thursday (ordered on Tuesday) and the otehr wasn't showing as in transit on the ups site. They goofed on ths shipping papaerwork so I pressed them for some retribution. I got a $25 certif out of it..

Worth a try you know...

Chris

I think most of 50resto's parts are on constant backorder. They've always called me when something is on backorder tho, and their customer service has been pretty good every time I've talked to them. I like dealing with them, I just hate all this backorder bs :bs:

94-302-vert said:
Summit did something similar to me earlier this year. They shipped my suspension components in 2 boxes. One arrived thursday (ordered on Tuesday) and the otehr wasn't showing as in transit on the ups site. They goofed on ths shipping papaerwork so I pressed them for some retribution. I got a $25 certif out of it..

Worth a try you know...

Chris

At least they were willing to give you something for you trouble. I guess WILLING isn't the right word, but at least you got something for the trouble.

Sorry to hear they are burning ya. Had the same problem with a smaller company once. I was waiting on one little part. Took 2 weeks.

give em a call, their customer service has been really good to me.

i orderd a chrome waterneck and they called me back the next day and said it was backorderd so i told em i would like to change the order and just get a speedo gear for 3.73's and they hooked me up with free shipping :nice:

clang5oh said:
i ordered a tinted headlight kit from them and they told me that it was on back order. 2 weeks later i check my bank acount balance to find that a same amount of money has been deposited in. now i need to find a set of tinted headlights from another outlet. they didnt call me or email. thats total horse puckey

You'd better call or email them before you do anything. I've noticed that they don't charge you until the part is in. I ordered an oil pan gasket that was backordered, and a month later it wasn't on my bank statement so I thought they cancled my order or something, but I got a tracking number from them a couple weeks later.

WOw i just ordered a new trans mount and front and rear spring isolators. They called me the next day and told me the fronts were on back order and they would sent out the rears and the trans mount, and i would have to wait a week or so to get the front isolators.

UPR did that to me a friend ordered parts for me got a tracking number then a few days later ordered me another part. The trackign number was cancled and she was sent a new one I just figured they cought it and put both in the same box. I get eh box only 1 part is inthere so i called they said oh thats on back order probably be a week till we get them. ( was thinking thanks for letting us know jackass). Its been like 2 weeks now so i called the other day the guy goes their still out of stock and i don't know when they will be in if i gave you a date i would be lying cause i don't have any idea.

MY rear control arms i ordered and asked for black. Got an email they were out i could get red they woudl be in, in a couple days. i said thats fine i'll paint them. Guy emailed me back saying ok they would ship them out when they came in i got another email the other day that they emailed e and said they were out i coudl get red i replyed yeah and i replied and told you ship out whatever would be faster. Guy sends me an email saying he didn't get that email (afer he replyed to it DUH) So they were suppose to be shiped out yesterday i have yet to get any emails for a tracking number. If they email me that they are out of black and i can get red and ask if thats ok again i'm gonna flip. Seems like all the damn parts i need are out of stock

I'm in the same boat with texasmustang.com I order my black carpet monday the 16th I get a letter in the mail today with thier catolog and a reciept. Well my part was highlighted and at the bottom it says "the orange highlighted Drop shipped from manufacturer allow 2 weeks".No email, phone call just a letter 5 days later :nonono:. I don't know if all shops have to order them then ship them but I'm going to call 50resto to see if they have it in stock or they have to order it after I do. It would of been nice of them to call or email, hell the should of told me when I called them for a shipping quote for the part.

I don't think that is crap. They got you as much of your order as they could, and they did it right away.

As long as they don't charge double for shipping, I'd be happy with their policy.

GRGT1994 said:
I don't think that is crap. They got you as much of your order as they could, and they did it right away.

As long as they don't charge double for shipping, I'd be happy with their policy.

I can't talk for him or anyone else but the way i feel about it, its not the fact if they charge us double shipping its the fact that a lot of us are on time limits and it would have been nice to know they were out before we ordered them so we could look else where if we wanted to, to get our cars done on time

Update: I called them right before I went to work today around 1:30. They said they got the parts in and shipped them on the 18th. I was like so when were you going to tell me this?

GRGT1994 you don't think this is crap??? Are you on crack? I had no reason not to beleave that all of my parts were coming at one time. I have to then call them and ask what is going on and they tell me that they shipped the rest of the parts two days later!

No I don't. That's how these type of places work. They have real warehousing and logistical issues (multiple locations, drop shipments, supplier delays, constantly filling other orders). So if you do much ordering online, you will run into this issue. Especially if you are ordering fairly specialized, low volume items.

I have had it happen to me, with another vendor.

Ya it would be a lot nicer if they gave you more immediate notice. But look at how they process orders. Someone takes the order in, and puts it into a computer. Later that day or the next, the stuff actually gets put into a box by a second person (or machine). So the earliest you could get notice is when the stuff isn't there to go in the box, a day or so later. That sucks, but that's reality.

Still, I gotta say, I hear you about the tight time limits, and I know how frustrating it is not to have what you need when you need it.

oh so that thing that they call an inventory either only happens in the places i work. or it's the only thing in the world that can't be put into a computer.

an inventory program is not a hard think to look at. when an order goes in it just deducts the amounts of what ever items where purchased. that way when the next order comes in they know how many of that item ot items thay have in stock. it could be 100 or 1. when it says 0 they have none. and can give the customer the OPTION of waiting for them to stock it. or the customer can go else where.
the part of the customer going else where is what they don't want to happen.
companys tend to advertise that they are bigger than what they are. they rather take your money and have you wait. that my friend isn't crap but bull****