Notch or Sn95?

• Sponsors (?)

i think the sn95's are one of the worst looking mustangs ever made. they just scream "girly" to me. even if its putting down 500hp, it still looks pretty ghey. i have seen a couple nicely done, that i've liked, but they are pretty few and far between. i think foxes look badass.

You have to figure out what you want. They have rougly the same HP and torque. The SN95 is a tad heavier but it has 5 lug, better brakes, better interior etc. If you want newer parts and don't want to work on a car, buy the SN95. But a notch is:

1. Way cooler
2. Rare
3. Lighter
4. Pure 100% BadA$$.

But you might have to pay more for a rust free notch because everybody wants them. A SN95 will be easier to find in better shape and might even cost less. I see 80-120K SN95's for 3,500-5,000. I see 100K-200K notches...stock to heavily modified to gutted out race car for 7,500-15,000. Some people are crazy. Some people will get that price.

Depends what you're doing with it. If it will be street driven a lot, or will be almost a daily driver type thing, I'd go with an SN-95. A weekend toy/track car, I'd go with the notch. Both cars can do either, but are better suited to different things.

As stated, it depends on how you intend to use it. An SN-95 makes for a more comfy DD, whereas a notch is an awesome foundation for a weekend beast.

Both cars have their merits and drawbacks.

As stated, the SN-95 has better brakes, 5-lugs (more wheel choices), they're quieter, and if you get a '94-95 GT, then pretty much any engine upgrade that will work on a Fox will bolt right in there, as well. However, the trade-off is that they're heavier, not everyone's a fan of the looks, and their cat-back exhaust setups are different than a Fox (might affect your selection).

A Fox notch will be one of the lightest Mustangs you can find. The SN95 brakes, spindles, and axles will bolt right on, although doing so involves added cost and installation time. They usually have a ton more squeaks/rattles than any SN95, a fair amount of body flex, and they tend to be rusted all to heck in most parts of the country. Probably not the best choice for a DD as far as overall comfort, but I DD'ed one for a couple of years year-round here in Arizona with no A/C and a half-stripped interior - no problems. :nice:

Even with 39 posts.. This question should not be validated.

I've had both.
"Running the the gears" of a '79 - 93 fox is comparable to .383 Mopars (.440s), .302 z28's(.396's), .390 fords, Real Hemi's ETC. The FOX will be the the last MUSCLE car. It has the smell, the feel, "i don't know what".. (francais)

You need to post a pic!:D

Of my Notch? Ok...

:D

BlackFoxes02.jpg

Attachments

• BlackFoxes02.jpg
    BlackFoxes02.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 88