OEM 5 Lug rims...

• Sponsors (?)

uhh... tc drilled rotor @ $120 ftl.

MPV rotors 50ish, spacers from Maximum Motorsport 30ish... upgraded studs for 20... that leaves 20 bucks in my pocket.

plus I just dont think that a 1/8" spacer is a huge width of spacer especially for the rears. I dont drag race, and only autox a couple times a year, this is just a mostly daily driver for me. I'm just not sure the 1/8" is going to be a drastic change.

finding a set of 93 cobra rims isn't easy. I have a lead on a set now... but they aren't exactly cheap.

Anyway, I am just kinda waiting to see what pans out when I get back to the house. I have a wedding, or rather my wedding to be at this weekend, but I'll be back around home next week sometime. Thanks SN :nice:

I'm just saying use the right parts for the job and not some hacked up mismatched parts job. Plus your getting a better rotor. The T/C rotor is vented were the MPV is a solid rotor. For the extra 20 bucks i would rather feel safe It's true a 1/8" spacer is'nt huge but it should even be used in the 1st place. IMHO Spacers have no place on any car.

93 Cobra wheels are'nt the easiest things in the world to find but there sure as hell not imposable. There's a set on Ebay right now....There's all ways cobra wheels on ebay. Real ones and not the cheap re-po's that only fit GT's and LX's.

If you don't like the Cobra wheels you can always use the tri-bars.

Make your car safe and cool all at the same time. Buy these and save yourself alot of time and maybe your life. Let some other fool use spacers behide there rotors..:notnice:..I can't belive someone would even think thats a good idea

Here's your links for parts.

Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0420788829&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

no, there is a replica 93 cobra wheel that is 5 lug. there is a thread on it on corral
Custom made 5-lug 1993 cobra rims - Corral Forums

Yeah i know they are around but you did'nt say replica in the fist post. I was just making sure.
Plus they will not work with the cobra/TC rear axle and the cobra frt rotors. I belive those are just like the 4lug re-po's made to work with the GT's and LX's only. it would just make the tire stick out of the wheel well even more and with his springs i think they would rub like crazy. In saying that, It's only if the 5 lug re-po and the 4 lug re-po have the same offset. But i don't think it really matter because if he was worried about spending an extra 20 bucks to do a 5 lug swap the right way i'm sure he's not going to fork over the money for one off rims.

true that, but the replicas come in different offsets. the reason they were made was cobra owners running upgraded(SN) suspensions wanted the oem look. not cheap by any stretch of the means, but if he wanted to look 100% stock they are there.:shrug:

I'm just saying use the right parts for the job and not some hacked up mismatched parts job. Plus your getting a better rotor. The T/C rotor is vented were the MPV is a solid rotor. For the extra 20 bucks i would rather feel safe It's true a 1/8" spacer is'nt huge but it should even be used in the 1st place. IMHO Spacers have no place on any car.

93 Cobra wheels are'nt the easiest things in the world to find but there sure as hell not imposable. There's a set on Ebay right now....There's all ways cobra wheels on ebay. Real ones and not the cheap re-po's that only fit GT's and LX's.

If you don't like the Cobra wheels you can always use the tri-bars.

Make your car safe and cool all at the same time. Buy these and save yourself alot of time and maybe your life. Let some other fool use spacers behide there rotors..:notnice:..I can't belive someone would even think thats a good idea

Here's your links for parts.

Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0420788829&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'd have to say i agree 100%

I'd trust a redrilled rotor over the spacer-behind-rotor setup anyday. Besides, it's $20 more....and you get a vented rotor which is superior anyway for cooling purposed and fade resistance.

I'd have to say i agree 100%

I'd trust a redrilled rotor over the spacer-behind-rotor setup anyday. Besides, it's $20 more....and you get a vented rotor which is superior anyway for cooling purposed and fade resistance.

MPV is vented... I understand different strokes for different folks, and in a few months I may decide to go a different route, but I'd at least like to try this before it gets shut down, and coming from jrichker it seems like a pretty viable option... :shrug:

MPV and coming from jrichker it seems like a pretty viable option... :shrug:

We NEVER said it was'nt a viable option. All we said is it's the poor man's cheap way to do it. Plus how can that even be safe? Come on, a spacer thats inside the rotor? Who thinks of this stuff. Plus what i think your forgeting if i'm right. You still need to get the spacer machined to fit inside the rotor. So after all that work you did to save acouple pennies is spent on the machine shop to re-work the spacers. Plus now you have a spacer and the rotor on the axle flange. I'm not sure theres even enough room for the rim to sit on the axle flange. Your going to count on the lug studs to hold all that weight? That sounds safe. I know i k,now you see it all the time with aftermarket rims but that does'nt make it safe. when was the last time you saw a car with OE wheels like that? NEVER!!!
I think all we are saying is if your going to do it do it the right way. For the extra 20 bucks your getting the rotor that was made to fit that axle. Not some piece together POS. I think everyone on the site would agree with me there 100% but you.

Spacers behind the rotor...:rlaugh: Who thinks of this crazy stuff. Here is an idea for you to save the 30 bucks on the spacer. Go to Home Depot and buy some washers and put them behind the rotors. Does that sound safe?:nono: A spacer is doing the safe thing. :notnice:

We can agree to disagree but when it comes to safety and brakes. ALWAYS spend the money for a good stuff. I think we all agree on that.

MPV is vented... I understand different strokes for different folks, and in a few months I may decide to go a different route, but I'd at least like to try this before it gets shut down, and coming from jrichker it seems like a pretty viable option... :shrug:

I know man, but for what it's worth I am a mechanical engineer and this method does have me scratching my head a little.

Your call.

I know man, but for what it's worth I am a mechanical engineer and this method does have me scratching my head a little.

Your call.

I'm with him in this. You even said yourself "I dont like it much either"
When it comes to brakes spend the little extra and getting something thats proven to work. Your wheels will fit on the flang alot better and be alot safer. Plus i would think if you had to get inspected for anything i'm not sure DOT would pass that.

uhh... tc drilled rotor @ $120 ftl.

MPV rotors 50ish, spacers from Maximum Motorsport 30ish... upgraded studs for 20... that leaves 20 bucks in my pocket.

plus I just dont think that a 1/8" spacer is a huge width of spacer especially for the rears. I dont drag race, and only autox a couple times a year, this is just a mostly daily driver for me. I'm just not sure the 1/8" is going to be a drastic change.

finding a set of 93 cobra rims isn't easy. I have a lead on a set now... but they aren't exactly cheap.

Anyway, I am just kinda waiting to see what pans out when I get back to the house. I have a wedding, or rather my wedding to be at this weekend, but I'll be back around home next week sometime. Thanks SN :nice:

Well you better buy something now while you still have money!!!!