Oil Pan Question

87redgt

May 17, 2009
Richmond, CA
Can someone tell me what the thing is on the driver side of the oil pan is. Its centered in the middle about halfway up the drivers side of the oil pan and its leaking, but I dont know what its called so I cant get a gasket for it. Any help would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

errr I'd be inclined to say it's the dipstick tube too but I can't say for sure without seeing a picture. It's possible some mook welded a fitting there in the wrong spot for an oil drain/feed for a power adder? :shrug: Post a pic.

Its not the hole for the dipstick tube. Its below that. I can't take pictures now its to dark. But the thing is like 3 inches in diameter and has something in the middle that looks like something once screwed into there.

Posted via Mobile Device

It sounds like you are describing the low oil warning sender. From the factory. it had a single wire that plugged into the center of the sender with a long hard plastic shell covering the wire.

Yep thats it, but mine dosn't have anything plugged into it. I dont need it. I check my oil often enough. So since I dont want or need it, is there a gasket, plug, screw, or anything that can go there for cheaper that $50.

Yep thats it, but mine dosn't have anything plugged into it. I dont need it. I check my oil often enough. So since I dont want or need it, is there a gasket, plug, screw, or anything that can go there for cheaper that $50.

go to advance auto or wherever and get a 20mm oil pan drain plug I think is the size and put that in there (after you clean that area off)