Ok, since I screwed myself what springs do I need?

• Sponsors (?)

I was reading you other thread.

I am gonna have to agree with most of the other guys and say that you definitely have a bind somewhere.

You said that the springs that you have are dual springs with a dampner from the description. If the heads aren't machined for the dual springs then that is probably where you bind is. Are you heads stock e7s? If so they are set up for single springs.

My suggestion is to use Trickflow's valvespring kit, part # TFS-2500100. It goes for $130 from summit. It has the correct single springs, new retainers, locks and seals. It also comes with shims and a tool to ensure that you have the springs at the proper installed height, 1.800" for these springs. It has the different retainers for intake and exhaust to compensate for the difference in groove location on the valves.

I put a set on my GT 40P heads and they went on like clockwork.

And you don't need hardened pushrods with a pedestal mount rocker set up. But most of the other guys have already said that.

Hope this helps

ps. These springs are good for up .542 lift so they should work with you cam. The set up is designed for stock or GT40 iron heads.