ok so this is my S/C plan....

is the 3.5 the stock pulley whipple offers with the kit? If you ask me the street tune looks much better to me then the 462 rwhp. I'll most likely just stick with a pretty conservative tune but I would like to reach the 400 rwhp mark....thats really my main goal. I do want this car to last though and I'll probably add more to it once time and money equal each other out. Honestly the whipple just reached the spending max...I can only get a good dyno tune and maybe a few others but thats all my budget permits me. If anyone has some suggestions feel free to shout them out but thanks for the help so far guys!

• Sponsors (?)

it's not hard to swap them out. if its real close in diameter, then just swapping the pullies should be enough, w/ the 3.625 you should be ok in just switching the pullies, but any bigger and you probly gotta switch belts and 1 or 2 other idler pullies. i've heard that now the HO kits come w/ the 3.25 pulley making 11-12 psi and about 490 rwhp on the whipple tune. what you can do is make a conservative tune and set your rev limiter lower so the hp doesnt peak as high.

490 rwhp is way too much. I'm hoping that the 3.625 pulley will give me atleast around 400rwhp. Either that I CAN maybe stick with the stock but get a real conservative tune.
Quick question for ya guys I have a x-cal II tuner for my CAI kit and the tune is from brenspeed. Only thing is I don't think Brenspeed does whipples. Any suggestions?

Brenspeed does tune whipples. i heard of 2 guys w/ whipple tunes from brenspeed and it was pretty good, they just started tuning whipple earlier this year. and the IAT relocation is a good idea esp w/ hi boost. mine is not relocated and it's ok, but when i up the boost i will relocate it. it is a simple and cheap mod to do and gives a more accurated IAT reading. talk to the guys at breanspeed and ask them what you want to do and i'm sure they'll give you some great ideas. w/ the 3.6 pulley you will definately be over 400 rwhp.

Well part of that will depend on how you plan on driving the car.

But at 400 rwhp the stock trans will be fine---and the first sign of trouble would be the stock converter locking / unlocking. I ran my stock t/c for almost a year on N20 before that started happening.

I would definitely upgrade the converter once you approach 500 rwhp however. And when you get to 600 rwhp, you will need the transmission beefed up. I had Tony at Larry's Transmission, Corona CA do mine as he also owns an 05 S197 and knows these transmissions pretty good.

Hey man im in the exact same position as the TC i have an auto too
and i live in Chatsworth CA kinda close im looking to get a set up like you have
Except i really dont race on the track but im looking for 400 rwhp- 550 rwhp
i dont know what kind of set up i should get its a bone stock 08 GT auto tranny
i know if i do any mods it will void the warrnty what do you recomend
Thanks a lot

oh im new to the site so like bare with me lol

490 rwhp is way too much. I'm hoping that the 3.625 pulley will give me atleast around 400rwhp. Either that I CAN maybe stick with the stock but get a real conservative tune.
Quick question for ya guys I have a x-cal II tuner for my CAI kit and the tune is from brenspeed. Only thing is I don't think Brenspeed does whipples. Any suggestions?

Hey Jspronk
What kind of set up did you decide btw....
im stuck at either a roush, saleen or a ford
The only reason why i want a Ford is cuz i heard that doesnt void
the warrnty and its just confient if ANYTHING is wrong i can just drop it
at a ford dealer....

Well this is my plan as of now:
I purchased the Whipple gen 2 HO supercharger but I bought a lager pulley (3.625 to be exact). I'm hoping this will put me at around 420 rwhp at 8psi....honestly I don't wanna go above 450 rwhp just because I've heard that any more and parts will start to go bad on ya real fast (especially that auto tranny). Plus the engine can only handle so much. I am also planning on getting a custom tune by Brenspeed but have them tune it more conservatively due more for the sake of the tranny. Once I have the tranny beefed up I'll maybe get a dyno tune and add a little more horse.

As for why I went with the whipple...few reason. 1) Ford obviously uses them, so if Ford thinks their good enough for their GT500's and Ford GT's then why aren't they good for me? Plus if something is wrong with them, a Ford dealer SHOULD be able to take a look at them.
2) I've heard they're very tough and they last a long time. You can also get more psi out of them then the 2 (correct me if I'm wrong). So if you plan on like boring out your engine or doing some more tinkering...the s.c. should be able to handle it. 3) They just look damn good on the car. They seem like they fit real good and the match with the car extremely well whether its polished or non. 4)Prices have gone up so that means people are buying them...and if people are buying them doesn't that mean something? It must be a good product since its selling

So there ya go thats my plan so far. I'm also planning on putting in a Air to Fuel ratio gauge, a tranny temp gauge, and a psi boost gauge. I'm hoping to install this stuff this weekend actually. I'll let ya know how that goes.

oh ya and it depends on what ya get also from Ford
If ya go the 550 hp kit...that'll void the warranty
if ya get the 400 hp kit...I think the warranty is it place...but I could be wrong...it could be for the s.c. ONLY
as for saleen and roush...I've heard the warranty remains in tack but I'm not sure you may want to look into that

Oh ya another reason I went with the Ford 550 kit is cuz my warranty expires in like a month :)

how what about a transmission temperature gauge so I can regulate the temp and if it gets too hot I can back down a bit....how hard would that be to install myself btw?

Tranny cooler. Take yourself out of the loop. Things happen pretty fast at WFO! Use the trans guage as an indicator and a failsafe. if it becomes an issue, LIFT.

Hey guys
Well just to give you guys a progress report...
Well we have almost everything on. We have the new spark plugs in, the new injectors, the new fuel pump, the gauges, and the supercharger itself. We did have a bit of a glitch though. We actually over torqued a bolt that supported the alternator. It took us a day and a half to get the sucker out. We have to drill into the bolt and then use a reverse bit to unscrew it out. We got it but it took us a day and a half to get it out...bit of a delay. We then also had a problem with the intercooler. We have it all installed but we think we may of got the wrong hose for the thing. I'm still not 100% sure if thats correct but we think Whipple may of either gave us a wrong hose or just flat out forgot one...odd thing is though I checked to see if we had all the parts though...unless we're missing something from the install.
We other then that glitch its going good.
Heres a few pics on attachments

Attachments

• IMG_5343.JPG
    IMG_5343.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5359.JPG
    IMG_5359.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 69
niiiice.

I would like twin screw, but because of my shaker hood, I cannot go that route. I spoke with a guy that said they knew how to make a Kennybell work with the shaker hood, or at least rig it, but I have not seen it in action.

I still think I am going to go the turbo route. Yeah warranty might go boom, but still trying to see what I can work out with the manger at the ford dealer I bought the car from.

Hey guys
Well just to give you guys a progress report...
Well we have almost everything on. We have the new spark plugs in, the new injectors, the new fuel pump, the gauges, and the supercharger itself. We did have a bit of a glitch though. We actually over torqued a bolt that supported the alternator. It took us a day and a half to get the sucker out. We have to drill into the bolt and then use a reverse bit to unscrew it out. We got it but it took us a day and a half to get it out...bit of a delay. We then also had a problem with the intercooler. We have it all installed but we think we may of got the wrong hose for the thing. I'm still not 100% sure if thats correct but we think Whipple may of either gave us a wrong hose or just flat out forgot one...odd thing is though I checked to see if we had all the parts though...unless we're missing something from the install.
We other then that glitch its going good.
Heres a few pics on attachments

Looks great man...
couple things if you dont mind...

How much is everything costing ya out the door including labor?

And where u getting it done?

And wut SC did u choose after all?

keep us updated!

That sounds like a very good plan. Single digit boost is the way to keep your engine and driveline reliable IMHO. Auto trans should be tuned as well. I know that the FRPP people brag about their ability to tune the autos in the catalog, but then only recommend the 400 hp kit for an auto...that would make me a little nervous. I would look to tuners who race the stock autos w/FI (JDM, etc...) Also consider dual driveshaft loops for safety, esp if you want to try sticky tires.

JDM is the ****nits :nice: