OK, the diablo guys an idiot...please help me with tune

NEEDA5.0

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2002
So I called RPM Outlet becuase after the Diablo install the car is shifting at 6K. So he says to send it back then transfers me to some guy to get a return authorization number. This is also the guy I'm supposed to tell how I want the chip reprogrammed, thats gotta be a bad sign. The guy doing the shipping is also doing the tuning. Anyway, just from talking to this guy I can tell hes dumb as a box a rocks. I've gotta call him back now becuase he was so busy. So...how should I tell this guy I want the chip tuned? Heres what I was thinking:

Stock - Stock settings 87 octane 4.10 callibration (shifting) shifts at stock rmp

Tune 1 - 87 Octane Hard shifts 4.10 callibration early fan/off shift at stock rpm

Tune 2 - 92 Octane Hard Shifts 4.10 calibration early fan on/off shift a little higher than stock

What temp should the fan come on and off? Whats the optimum shift points when racing? (Tune 2)

Why do I have to do this??? Isn't it thier job to tune these? :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

NEEDA5.0 said:
BTW, he couldn't tell me what they did when they tuned it the first time. :nonono:
Those times you're running are very close to what mine ran stock except for 4.10's about 8 months ago. Now she's a very low 13 sec car :) Keep modding and you'll be happy. Biggest improvement to date was switch to Stick and the heads. :nice:

Diablo chips are no good in the first place, if you want a chip I'd go with an SCT chip.. mail order tuning is very tough to get right.. find someone locally who has a good reputation and have them tune and reburn the chip. SCT has much better software and capabilities.

A little late now that I've given them $348. Its $218 for the chip plus $90 for a custom tune. So I got the Stage 3 for $318 which gives you the above plus reserves a 3rd spot for later which they'll reburn for free. Can a local tuner reprogram that chip? I'd hate to have just wasted $348.