RANT!!! Ok You New Guys.....

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Seems that I'm constantly bouncing your new threads back and for the between talk, and tech. I'm moving tech related threads into talk, and I'm moving talk related threads into tech.
Firstly, be aware that there are two forums. The reason being that the tech side is there for a specific reason.
Before starting a new post decide between two words and you'll know where to post.

How, or What.

It's that simple. If you are asking how to do something, it's a tech question.
If you are asking what to do, it should be posted in talk.

The reason that there are two is more geared to keep the tech side open for specific topics/ questions that are related to getting, and giving help to those asking for it. The talk side is there for those asking for tips, advice, or simply to share something.

Got it? We ok now? Good talk.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Seems that I'm constantly bouncing your new threads back and for the between talk, and tech. I'm moving tech related threads into talk, and I'm moving talk related threads into tech.
Firstly, be aware that there are two forums. The reason being that the tech side is there for a specific reason.
Before starting a new post decide between two words and you'll know where to post.

How, or What.

It's that simple. If you are asking how to do something, it's a tech question.
If you are asking what to do, it should be posted in talk.

The reason that there are two is more geared to keep the tech side open for specific topics/ questions that are related to getting, and giving help to those asking for it. The talk side is there for those asking for tips, advice, or simply to share something.

Got it? We ok now? Good talk.
Top of the list

In the short amount of time I've been on this forum, it seems most people that do this just post their list of questions, get them answered, and leave.

With that being said, I might be absentminded enough to do this on the next thread I start...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mike... You're fighting a losing battle. lol

Just by design (I think you were still here when it was the other way), the general forums are on top. They catch everything and folks tend to post their questions there. The real tech questions of course, we move over to tech. That sir, is the lot of moderators. lol

When we had the tech forums on-top it was a mess. More threads are NOT tech than those that are. Brand new folks? I'm sure most of the forum makes no sense at all. :( I'm stoked if they find their way to the correct model year. hehehehe

Hmmmmm, how about a prequalifier required before creating a new thread. Maybe a little popup animation with Mike with adouble barreleled shotgun aimed at your face saying "How or what boy? How or what boy? Get it right or die!!"

Mike... You're fighting a losing battle. lol

Just by design (I think you were still here when it was the other way), the general forums are on top. They catch everything and folks tend to post their questions there. The real tech questions of course, we move over to tech. That sir, is the lot of moderators. lol

When we had the tech forums on-top it was a mess. More threads are NOT tech than those that are. Brand new folks? I'm sure most of the forum makes no sense at all. :( I'm stoked if they find their way to the correct model year. hehehehe
I know, and I think most of the problem lies within the fact that this forum lumps tech into one giant category while most others cut it up into specific sub forums. Not that that is a better solution,..( just try to get an answer in some of the really obscure sub forums.....it's like standing in the waiting room by yourself)

It's just another peeve. It'll take me a minute. Like continually working with your hands, sooner or later a callus forms.

That's a great idea, actually. I guess that'll have to wait until they redesign the software, but it would probably bring some attention on it if there was a popup asking "Tech or Talk?".

dont forget the @madmike1157 emoticon

uploadfromtaptalk1456318980805.jpg

dont forget the @madmike1157 emoticon

uploadfromtaptalk1456318980805.jpg
Seems simple enough to me.

People in general need to be slapped to pay attention anymore. I don't know how many things I've put on the car that has bold type at the front of the instructions that basically said the same thing I've been trying to say here " Stop! Read this first!".

Who would want to risk wiring or installing something wrong all for the sake of saving a minute?

Maybe we could also rig some sort of shock signal that could be sent via wifi that'll shock the p is outta somebody that don't.

It kills me. It's become the way of the world. Zero attention to detail. Go to a Walmart and stand at the main intersection and purposely spill your red slushy right in the middle of the floor. Then stand back, and watch the herd trudge right through it.
Another unimportant little detail that wasn't worth paying attention to either, only now they are sticking to the floor every time they take a step, and making that tape peeling noise with each step.

I know, and I think most of the problem lies within the fact that this forum lumps tech into one giant category while most others cut it up into specific sub forums. Not that that is a better solution,..( just try to get an answer in some of the really obscure sub forums.....it's like standing in the waiting room by yourself)

It's just another peeve. It'll take me a minute. Like continually working with your hands, sooner or later a callus forms.

That is how this was before. You and TTop and you others are running that show now. Create a thread in the staff forum and come up with a plan. I can divide those forums pretty much how you like. Needs to make sense and needs to be arranged in a way that you guys want to moderate it and most of all It needs to be a PLAN.