Okay Question.do I Run Car Down Strip With Trac Control On Or Off?

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a lot of experience and confidence in your driving turn it off. I didn't and i turned it off on my first ever pass and went sideways halfway down the track. Didn't wreck but I ran with it on until I learned the car!

Turn it off so you don't look like an asshat when you launch and the car falls on its face. I put the AdvanceTrac in sport mode too, not that it matters in this situation, but it's just as easy to set.

In case you're wondering how to do that it's in your owner's manual or just read on!
  • If you hit the AdvanceTrac button once it will turn off the Traction Control System (TCS) but not the Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
  • Stop the car, hold the brake pedal down and press the button twice to put it into Sport Mode. This changes the characteristics of the TCS and the ESC for more aggresive driving and helps you keep the car out of the wall or getting sideways.
  • Stopped, hold the brake pedal down and hold the button for 5+ seconds and the system will turn completely off. No TCS or ESC.
Turning it all back on is simple too. Just press the button again. Enjoy yourself!

A word of warning, don't heat up the tires with the Trac Control on. American Muscle has a pic of what happens when you do. Rear caliper bolts snapped because the trac control engaged. You might want to put a post it note on the dash to remind you, until it becomes a habit. There is a lot to focus on prior to staging.

So is this on the 2011s also?
In case you're wondering how to do that it's in your owner's manual or just read on!
  • If you hit the AdvanceTrac button once it will turn off the Traction Control System (TCS) but not the Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
  • Stop the car, hold the brake pedal down and press the button twice to put it into Sport Mode. This changes the characteristics of the TCS and the ESC for more aggresive driving and helps you keep the car out of the wall or getting sideways.
  • Stopped, hold the brake pedal down and hold the button for 5+ seconds and the system will turn completely off. No TCS or ESC.
Turning it all back on is simple too. Just press the button again. Enjoy yourself![/quote So for newbie to 2011 is this option on there or just the 12s and 13s?