OMG, They did it now :(

• Sponsors (?)

where do you think the wings and flatblack hoods come from. muscle cars and race cars. back in the 60s and early 70s, a lot of cobra mustangs and torinos had wings, most cobras had flat black hoods so the sun would not glare off the hood into your eyes.

and of course dodge charger, challenger, daytona (super bee), chevelles.

ok i do agree that the wing could be better looking but it should deffinately stay, just maybe be revised. maybe a little more molded in like it should belong there. or like nascar. it doesnt stick up that high. its just a steap angle spoiler.

I think most people think rice is whatever they dont think looks good. Most dont know of any actual definition but use it for just about anything that isnt completely trendy. This car is the anti rice car. It backs up everything its image is vibin. Get next to one of them, call him rice and see who gets smoked. Who's the rice then with the slow 5.0?

Black70Fastback said:
ok i do agree that the wing could be better looking but it should deffinately stay, just maybe be revised. maybe a little more molded in like it should belong there. or like nascar. it doesnt stick up that high. its just a steap angle spoiler.
a NASCAR type spoiler would be useless...the large wing is much more for downforce when it comes to acceleration and cornering....the NASCAR wing gives you the downforce to keep the rear planted going around in a circle....ive got a question for all your "thats rice" guys....

here is a Mclaren F1....
McLaren.F1.Gt.2.jpg

here is the Mclaren F1 LM...the RACE CAR VERSION.....
McLaren%20F1.jpg

is that a $1.25 million rice rocket??

Anthony

Black70Fastback said:
where do you think the wings and flatblack hoods come from. muscle cars and race cars. back in the 60s and early 70s, a lot of cobra mustangs and torinos had wings, most cobras had flat black hoods so the sun would not glare off the hood into your eyes.

and of course dodge charger, challenger, daytona (super bee), chevelles.

But those cars were, how shall I put it, Classics?, there just wasn't as many around back then. Nowadays, 2 out of 3 hondas are sporting those things, and that seems to have changed alot of peoples outlook on them. I know it has changed mine, and for the worse I'm afraid. Now when I see one that sticks out like that, I think ricer.

But technicaly speaking, does that thing actualy have a purpose? Will the car hold the road better or something with a wing like that. I'm guessing that it's there for some reason, but that's all it is is a guess. I just wish it didn't have to look so much like a ricer wing.

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
a NASCAR type spoiler would be useless...the large wing is much more for downforce when it comes to acceleration and cornering....the NASCAR wing gives you the downforce to keep the rear planted going around in a circle....ive got a question for all your "thats rice" guys....

here is a Mclaren F1....
McLaren.F1.Gt.2.jpg

McLaren%20F1.jpg

Anthony

No, definitely not. But it does look like it has a $125 wing on it.

VIPERn94Five-0 said:

here is a Mclaren F1....
McLaren.F1.Gt.2.jpg

McLaren%20F1.jpg

Anthony

Yes. :D

Some of yas are too clouded with hatred towards importers to be able to tell what the difference is between a 500 HP Mustang with a completely functional wing and a 125 HP Civic with a non functional wing. Its only rice if its there to make the car look like something its not. "Ugly" is not rice. Ugly is ugly. If ya's think its ugly then thats cool. I can accept that. I think the WRX Sti is ugly. But it, nor is this GTR, rice. Every part on both of those cars is there for a reason and that is to make your little 200 HP stang look like crap. LOL

jmuva44 said:
Some of yas are too clouded with hatred towards importers to be able to tell what the difference is between a 500 HP Mustang with a completely functional wing and a 125 HP Civic with a non functional wing. Its only rice if its there to make the car look like something its not. "Ugly" is not rice. Ugly is ugly. If ya's think its ugly then thats cool. I can accept that. I think the WRX Sti is ugly. But it, nor is this GTR, rice. Every part on both of those cars is there for a reason and that is to make your little 200 HP stang look like crap. LOL

Its UGLY and the wing makes it look like a rice rocket wether it is functional or not. Its not the cars fault. They could have used a better wing and we all know it. I doubt that would even be the real wing for the "real" race car, they put that on because of the whole ricer trend for the show.

And i dont hate imports either.

jmuva44 said:

:nice:

I know, you act like the ricers invented that wing. That wing has been around forever...the ricers stole it!! That wing is not rice. You can think its ugly till you are blue in the face. Thats fine. It still serves its purpose. I dont think any other wing that you would prefer to see on there would function as well. Thats just all there is to it. They have too much put into that car as far as motor, tires, tranny, racing interior and all to have to impress you with a stupid wing. Thats not why they put it on there. Its a RACE wing on a RACE car. Are you getting this at all?? Geez....lol

Watch Speedvision sometimes. If you watch the transam series with the porsches and bmws and mustangs and such, you will see that the majority of them use....what? The very wing you see above. Thats right. REAL race cars use that wing. Consider yourself learned.

Stare at the wing a little harder and you may see a little Formula 1/Indy in it. Yup, they use similar wings there. I guess they are all just trying to impress the ricer crowd. That must be their intentions.

jmuva44 said:
I know, you act like the ricers invented that wing. That wing has been around forever...the ricers stole it!! That wing is not rice. You can think its ugly till you are blue in the face. Thats fine.

No kidding thats what Im talking about. Even now people call the dubble stack saleen wing "Rice" WTF :bang: is wrong w/ people. That wing has been around since 1995 long before Rice and F&F was ever thought of. People dont call things ugly anymore its "ricy" and thats not right. Peoples perseption of rice is so far out of wack that its patahic.