One Less Cobra Owner

03yellowvenom said:
Ya Varian:nice:
Well, sad and shocked to see the Cobra leave your posession, but the one thing I will congratulate you on is sticking with Fords! Not only am I a die hard Ford fan, but I think they look better than any other truck on the road, especially the foreign ones:puke: . The best thing about it is, the more Fords you buy, the more they have for R&D to make those Mustangs we have all come to love. You going to buy another 'stang?

• Sponsors (?)

Everyone has there own personal reasons for selling there Cobra so I cant speak for everyone. For me the reason was not all the cobras fault.This car was the only car I had for over a year that I never wanted to get rid of and i've had this one for over 2 years whitch is almost a record for me..lol. The cobra is a awsome car the potential and ease of adding power is almost endless and they respond very well to blower pulleys/crank pulleys, cold air intakes and exhaust. The problem is knowing when to stop and I didnt I kept wanting more power faster 1/4 mile times ect and ended up starting to have tuning issues due to having to go to bigger injectors whitch im sure over time could have been cured. Mine was a daily driver and I finally went to far as far as power versus dependability. The cobra has one of the strongest motors out there. I can say this to you if your not going to turn into a modaholic like myself and have the will power to know when to say enough is a enough as far as goals with power and track times then do I say get one. I just found myself going into a uncontrollable tale spin and wasnt happy or enjoying my cobra anymore it was more like a drug. I'd do a mod be happy for a while and as soon as the rush wore out i'd want more. Good luck with your choice and BTW the camaraderie is second to none in the stang world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you wont find any nicer or caring group of people in any car forum or car group than mustang guys and gals anywere. But I've got good news i've saved almost 500.00 a year on car insurance:D :nice:

thats understandable, and kinda what i figured.

i did similar with my fox body, i got caught up into modifying my car to make it faster, louder, ect. then in the end, i did it all and it wasnt the car i wanted anymore. so i sold it off, and bought my 2000 gt.

ive had the gt a few months, and i loved the change. more modern, nice stock system, nice tight stock car, ect. i miss the power though, so im obvioulsly looking at cobra's. ive called it my "realistic dream car" for about 2 years now.

the brakes, body kit, power, seats, interior, transmission, irs, blower sound :drool: all made it worth its cost to buy outright instead of messing with my gt. i kept to my word and said i wouldnt modify my gt to lose any driveability/comfort and end up losing my cash in the end.

so i figure a stock cobra, or lightly modified will suit me perfect. i understand why you sold it though, i did it with a car myself. im probably the youngest self-paid for cobra owner around though. so i just cant up and trade it in for another car if i get bored, so i need to make the smart decision.

thats the best owner/ex-owner input ive gotten though, thanks.

fiveohwblow said:
Well, sad and shocked to see the Cobra leave your posession, but the one thing I will congratulate you on is sticking with Fords! Not only am I a die hard Ford fan, but I think they look better than any other truck on the road, especially the foreign ones:puke: . The best thing about it is, the more Fords you buy, the more they have for R&D to make those Mustangs we have all come to love. You going to buy another 'stang?
Thankx bro, yes someday but dont know when i'm sure i'll have another mustang. To me theres only two kinda a vehicles I would buy and thats a Ford or Ford but thats not to say there the best out there but all around I think they come out on top. Dodge and chevy have awsome trucks. Dodge has the motor, chevy has the comfort and ford has a very good balance of both in my opinion. But take it with a grain of salt this is coming from someone with ford running threw there veins all there life:nice: :flag: Keith you have a awsome truck and the power of your truck is second to none also looks sharp and I honestly gave Dodge a thought whitch saying alot coming from a ford guy

281pony said:
thats understandable, and kinda what i figured.

i did similar with my fox body, i got caught up into modifying my car to make it faster, louder, ect. then in the end, i did it all and it wasnt the car i wanted anymore. so i sold it off, and bought my 2000 gt.

ive had the gt a few months, and i loved the change. more modern, nice stock system, nice tight stock car, ect. i miss the power though, so im obvioulsly looking at cobra's. ive called it my "realistic dream car" for about 2 years now.

the brakes, body kit, power, seats, interior, transmission, irs, blower sound :drool: all made it worth its cost to buy outright instead of messing with my gt. i kept to my word and said i wouldnt modify my gt to lose any driveability/comfort and end up losing my cash in the end.

so i figure a stock cobra, or lightly modified will suit me perfect. i understand why you sold it though, i did it with a car myself. im probably the youngest self-paid for cobra owner around though. so i just cant up and trade it in for another car if i get bored, so i need to make the smart decision.

thats the best owner/ex-owner input ive gotten though, thanks.
Your welcome and thankyou, I was speaking from the heart:)

Nice truck Keith :nice:

Wow, between both you and Ed getting trucks!

I have to add myself to the list. I got rid of the Mach back in November, needed a truck/SUV to get over Mt Hood for work this winter, couldn't justify two loan payments, so sold the Mach and got a 03 Xterra SE/Supercharged 4X4. It's sure nice having more space and sitting higher on the road and off road fun, this thing will go anywhere, but the damn thing with required premium fuel gets me 12.5 mph :bang: I'm not sure what I'm going to do after this spring yet, keep the X or get a full sized truck or another stang....:shrug:

Guyster03Mach said:

I have to add myself to the list. I got rid of the Mach back in November, needed a truck/SUV to get over Mt Hood for work this winter, couldn't justify two loan payments, so sold the Mach and got a 03 Xterra SE/Supercharged 4X4. It's sure nice having more space and sitting higher on the road and off road fun, this thing will go anywhere, but the damn thing with required premium fuel gets me 12.5 mph :bang: I'm not sure what I'm going to do after this spring yet, keep the X or get a full sized truck or another stang....:shrug:
Congrats Guy , nice choice:nice:

Guyster03Mach said:

The XTerra is a good truck. During college, the senior guys in Army ROTC almost all purchased XTerra's when they commissioned- there were eight of them, I think. :nice:

After being on forums since 1997, I begin to have issues with Fords. Thats why I choose Honda over another overpriced PINA F150. I also have a big family and taking two mustangs everywhere on famly day gets old real quick.

Granted I REALLY wanted a F250 4X4 SD loaded, but a $45K note is not good when you have no JOB !!!

Like I said, I will stick with my Ugly Honda...........

281pony said:
did you guys get bored with the cobra's?

i ask because im about to sign the papers for one today most likely. i dont want it to be a car that loses its appeal really fast, this isint something im financially able to just laugh off.

it will be a pretty big step for me, just wondering why i see alot of people ditch them.

I had a few reasons and some stuff rattling around in my head.

I had two new cars and the debt and payments were pissing me off. I wanted one vehicle that I can use as a daily driver. I will get another stang. Probably a Notch.

Something to think about. The wholesale value of the Cobra is $21-22k. How much is a new motor? I've heard a round figure of $10k. Didn’t make sense to me own an expensive car that almost half it's value is motor. I want to do more open track days and driver training and the Cobra was not the right vehicle for that. Think about blowing the motor that’s modded. You owe money on it and the dealer tells you the warranty is void because of the pulley and tune. That would suck donkey dick.

I think the Cobra is a great car I’ll miss it. But I get bored and it was time to move on.

Good luck with your decision.

Guyster03Mach said:

Thanks Guy.

Kinda nice sitting up high :nice:

Scooby5.0Doo said:
its working the primmer if finally scareing all the owners of mustangs away soon ill be the fastest lol at least when it comes to both left and right turns with some drag racing in between

haha, Eric, you can't keep your build up a secret as long as I live next door to you:rlaugh: I can hear a wrench turn from next door through the walls.:p

duner said:
I had a few reasons and some stuff rattling around in my head.

I had two new cars and the debt and payments were pissing me off. I wanted one vehicle that I can use as a daily driver. I will get another stang. Probably a Notch.

Something to think about. The wholesale value of the Cobra is $21-22k. How much is a new motor? I've heard a round figure of $10k. Didn’t make sense to me own an expensive car that almost half it's value is motor. I want to do more open track days and driver training and the Cobra was not the right vehicle for that. Think about blowing the motor that’s modded. You owe money on it and the dealer tells you the warranty is void because of the pulley and tune. That would suck donkey dick.

I think the Cobra is a great car I’ll miss it. But I get bored and it was time to move on.

Good luck with your decision.

Nice truck Keith! I am sure you will be happy with your decission. I found it is hard not to have a truck now. :nice:

Just make sure you find another car for track days! :D

03SHKR said:
Hey Keith,

Buy a SVO for open track. It kicks @ss on the street. I can't wait to go to the TC event in Feb.

Hey Brian good to hear from you. I will keep that suggestion in mind. Have fun at the class. I may drop in on you guys. Hell maybe I'll use the truck on the track days until I get another stang :rlaugh:

03SHKR said:
Hey Keith,

Buy a SVO for open track. It kicks @ss on the street. I can't wait to go to the TC event in Feb.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the SVO!!!! :nice:

This year will be tough going to track days. Work, school, and working on the house is going to keep me very busy.

Keith - I would love to see you track the truck!!! :nice: :D :rlaugh:

Patrick